July Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Translated with Google, so I do not know if the words used are really the most suitable.

I think this is perhaps a pity that not everyone write at least one review concerning one of the submitted musical pieces.
At least one.
This is only my opinion. :wink:

Traduit avec Google, donc je ne sais pas si les mots employés sont vraiment les plus adaptés.

A mon avis, c'est peut-être dommage que chacun ne fasse pas au moins une "review" concernant l'un des morceaux proposés.
Au moins une.
C'est seulement, mon avis. :wink:

You're right Daniel. As far as I'm concerned I intend to provide short comments with my votes. Everybody should get their share as there is not so many entries so far...

As for yours, in French:
Je ne comprends pas ce qui t'a poussé à retirer ton morceau. Il n'a rien à envier aux autres en termes de qualité de production. Touchante ambiance mélancolique à trois temps, fin traitement du thème, agréables variations et mélodie rêveuse qui nous emporte. Seule remarque critique: certaines transitions sont un peu abruptes et "plaquées", lorsque les percussions d'orchestre entrent sans prévenir (1:23, 2:02). J'aurais aimé connaître les sons que tu utilises (piano, accordéon, violoncelle, orchestre).

As far as I'm concerned I intend to provide short comments with my votes. Everybody should get their share as there is not so many entries so far...
yes, fine, it is also an interesting possibility for those who want to know what others thought of their piece, technically or emotionally. A musical creation is a part of ourselves and it is always gratifying to know in words that it has been listened, I think.

As for yours, in French :
Je te remercie beaucoup de tes très chouettes commentaires, Philippe.
Cependant, en tant que musicien, tu le sais aussi, parfois, on n'arrive pas exactement à ce que l'on veut et là, c'était le cas.
J'ai bien pris note de ce qui te plaisait moins, et c'est vrai que sur tous mes morceaux, j'ai parfois un traitement un peu brutal des ponts et liaisons, quitte carrément à les supprimer parfois. Cela me vient de mon passé de clavier de musique progressive.
Le piano est un SF2 trouvé il y a longtemps sur internet et que je n'ai jamais quitté, il s'appelle WST25FStein_00Sep22.sf2. Si tu ne le trouves pas, je te l'enverrai.
L'accordéon, sauf erreur de ma part (je ne suis pas sur mon "ordi de la maison") est le Tarilonte acheté sur BestService. Je vérifierai.

Pour le reste, beaucoup de samples (percus) et de soundfonts trouvées de ci,de là, ou bien du nki free, essaie par exemple ce lien si tu ne le connais pas, il y a des tas de trucs supers, comme le violoncelle >

https://0on3.wordpress.com/

Encore merci pour ton intérêt :wink:

Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
Another Old Photo

This month your submission should be about / inspired by this photograph:

(Click photo for larger version.)
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
Another Old Photo

Cool and creepy picture.

Next month:
Another Old Photo

easy theme ? mmhhh, not really...
:scared:

mixed feelings atm, tomorrow I 'll try to figure out how to translate into music

Laguna Rising wrote:

Next month:
Another Old Photo

mixed feelings atm, tomorrow I 'll try to figure out how to translate into music
I thought it was very inspiring.

Hellfog wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote:

Next month:
Another Old Photo

I thought it was very inspiring.
There are contrasting elements that puzzles me...
:?

Edit. : but, hey ! I'm up to the challenge.
I like that

Cool idea, being inspired by a picture. I look forward to hearing next month entries.

In the meantime, here are my modest comments for July. As we, (wannabe)artists, are all very interested in feedback, I'm just trying to translate for you my own perception and personal ideas, perfectly aware that I might be wrong or tasteless. Sorry if my words disappoint you.

Marcus Rasseli - The Cave
A well thought out piece of music, very enjoyable. Scholarly music meets popular spanish soul. Great guitar playing, composition and production.

David Stiles - Dancing on an Alien Moon
Very nice atmosphere, full of space and colors. Positive and uplifting vibes. That said, I'm not too found of the swarming rythms. I suppose I've not got used enough to alien drumming.

Nickel Smith - We Carry The Horses

Cinematoraphic ride, with a promising, heavily oriental start, a less evident middle part which seems a bist lost in translation and a final section sweeping the middle eastern mist away with a kind of Guilmourish guitar.

ClaRago - Ménage à Trois
The kind of music I don't need to be introduce to. I get it right away. Good sounds (thanks for reminding me that I own Session Horns Pro!) and faultless production. Would need some more variations to last longer.

Laguna Rising - Too Hot
Very fine piece of rock. A lot of timbral and melodic variations with great use of effects and refined orchestration, without losing the unity and power of the whole. The first two minutes are so alive, organically moving from one idea to another. A model for study, as far as I'm concerned.

beanpole - Alright
Nice to have at least one song, one singer and some lyrics this month. Stylewise, noot quite up my alley, but I find this track nonetheless enjoyable and effective. A tad too much distortion on the cymbals for my taste.

Yeager - Fifteen
Nice mood. I'm taking off for a long flight, well settled, comfortable, nothing bad can happen. Busy workers around making their job. But how to escape the circle?

double post
Last edited by Wopelka on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

:dog: triple post

Daniel Pompougnac wrote: Laguna Rising - Too Hot
I like the guitar playing that evokes Fripp, and I like the dirty sound of this dirty piece.
You're outside the box.
Thanks so much for the kind words :hail:

Wopelka wrote:Laguna Rising - Too Hot
Very fine piece of rock. A lot of timbral and melodic variations with great use of effects and refined orchestration, without losing the unity and power of the whole. The first two minutes are so alive, organically moving from one idea to another. A model for study, as far as I'm concerned.
:tu:
Thanks, I appreciate it

Thank you to Wolpelka, Nickel Smith and Daniel for writing comments - much appreciated!

Return to “Music Cafe”