Tracktion and Windows 10

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Installed Windows 10 Yesterday and reinstalled all of my plugins. So far, with the limited time I've had to test it, I would say Tracktion is more stable than it was on Windows 7 surprisingly. The only plugin that's not working is Melodyne. Once I've done some more testing I'll post an update but so far so good.

You have to reinstall everything... :( I thought that it was supposed to be a relatively seemless upgrade?

I choose do to a clean install instead of an upgrade. This is better in the long run if you don't mind reinstalling your software. Ilok helped a bit with the registering process.

Rock wrote:You have to reinstall everything... :( I thought that it was supposed to be a relatively seamless upgrade?
You can just let it upgrade like doing a normal Windows Update. Unfortunately for me, my ethernet connection and a totally vital piece of (Microsoft (not music)) software can't currently exist at the same time on my machine under Windows 10. :(
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Wow I just built this machine and spent a week installing everything... now I guess I should start over.

Rock wrote:Wow I just built this machine and spent a week installing everything... now I guess I should start over.
Why do you guess that? What version of Windows did you put on it?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I did an in-place upgrade on my laptop (x64), everything I've checked (so far) working as expected; only hiccup was my Sonic Charge plugins got de-authorised.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Well, here performance is significantly worse than with win8.1. (Surface Pro 3, i5) I use the surface on my digital piano with pianoteq (in tracktion) -with win8.1 I had buffers of 192 and just WDM, now it does not work with 256 WDM or ASIO4All.

Pianoteq itself works fine with 128 ASIO4All ....

(No I have no audio interface as this is on the Mac with thunderbolt which Win does not support - and I want an easy setup anyways .... when playing music)

so maybe Tracktion can be optimised for Win10 .... ;)

best

I upgraded to Win10 last week and T6 loads noticeably faster than Win8. Everything works fine, no audio issues with the built-in sound hardware, zero complaints. :hihi:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

jabe wrote:
Rock wrote:You have to reinstall everything... :( I thought that it was supposed to be a relatively seamless upgrade?
You can just let it upgrade like doing a normal Windows Update. Unfortunately for me, my ethernet connection and a totally vital piece of (Microsoft (not music)) software can't currently exist at the same time on my machine under Windows 10. :(
The recent W10 updates appear to have fixed this problem. VS2012Express and my ethernet have sorted their incompatibility.

Return to “Tracktion”