Is Stagelight any good?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see.
Ok then I will buy it mostly

edit:
I have tried it. It is unbelievable cheap and it could load all my VSTs without problems! It would be a great first DAW and I wish it was there when I started. However, I can't see myself using it (maybe only to play around) as it is heavily geared towards touch screens.

Stagelight following in Logic footsteps!

They release a free update 2.2, which comes with a new synth ElectroPulse :hyper:

Too bad I can't get the download from Stagelight to work :help:

I recently got a Microsoft Surface Pro to use instead of my iPad. I just got Stagelight last week and am pleasantly surprised. I used it live on Sunday for two Alchemy sounds and it all worked great. Today I was starting a new song and have the Stagelight drums along with five instances of Alchemy all going at once without any issues.

I'm still kind of confused on some of the workflow, so may ask on their forums if I can't figure things out.

Numanoid, does it not install, or is the application not launching after you install?

iPlogger wrote:Numanoid, does it not install, or is the application not launching after you install?
I did a restart of the computer, but the install still doesn't want to download.

So I downloaded the trial version 2.2 from the Open Labs website instead, and installed that.

Unfortunately the new synth isn't free. I must have misunderstood the upgrade notice, the synth is included, but must be unlocked against payment.

Yeah, the synth needs to be unlocked for editing abilities. There IS a sale on all in-app downloads until the 15th (I think). I'm looking at getting some more drum sounds. I've thought about unlocking the synths, but I already have Alchemy and just picked up Synthmaster as well, so am not sure what the in-app synths will offer me as they are fairly minimal. Though I must say, the Pulse synth does seem to have some nice sounds. Like-wise, someone could say the same about the drums, but I don't have any drum plug-ins, so I am extremely happy they included the drum module.

And now, get Stagelight for free :o :clap:
pottering wrote:Indaba Music and Open Labs are making a song competition and offering a free copy of Stagelight ($9.99/USD Value) with it:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportuniti ... on/details

The competition ends Oct 19, I guess the offer will end then as well.

I bought it for $5.99 for use with my bare bones Windows tablet. I think it has promise as a very basic DAW/sketchpad, but found that some of the audio settings were not configurable enough for my use. For six bucks, though (or free), it is hard to argue against it.

I also bought it earlier, would buy it again.

Things I like with it: Easy to get into, loads VSTs, touchscreen on tablets

I bought it a little bit ago and have been getting good use out of it. But my main purpose is for using VST instruments live from my keyboard controller, and less about actually recording anything. I like it because it lets me easily configure tracks on separate MIDI Channels so I can create layers/splits. Cubase was maddening trying to figure that out, what I consider should be a simple task.

It launches fast. I like how it is touch-based, though there are some options requiring right-clicks (long press on touch screen) so that sometimes takes you out of the workflow. I also appreciate the built-in drum machine and its ability to go to 32nd and even 64th notes. Though I'm still working on how to cleanly work on getting 32nd/64th notes entered. I'm still learning it and getting familiar with the pros and cons. I have not yet done anything with audio (only MIDI/VST/drums). It's a great little DAW and certainly worth the price. I have been recommending it to people, but certainly need to examine your own needs versus what Stagelight offers.

I have been satisfied enough that I haven't gone back to Cubase or felt the need to continue searching for another DAW, at least for now.

Been looking at since the first release. Re-downloaded only to find the previous installation showed it as 'already expired'.
Installed on my wife's tablet and saw there was enough improvement to buy at this price. Bought the LP edition. Configured easily on both tablets. The LP Ed. adds decent demos but nothing I feel was worth the extra five for.
My wife loves it. She is not as 'tech for music savvy' and it fits right up her ally without a steep learning curve for her. Sounds can be cheesy, but add the Korg Legacy Collection to it and we have a definite winner for her (and therefore, me too). I see this as a very good mobile scratch pad to keep and use. (Adding my entry level fx of Nectar Elements and Peavey HPse as a great basic mobile solution here).

Well worth the $5.99
The LP Edition? For me, not so much.

Our tablets are: Samsung i5/2c w/4GB Ram and 128GB SSD. Programs are kept on a 64GB micro drive.

I think v2.3 is out now

Interesting. Is sidechain easy?

I haven't done the upgrade yet, and as I like to tinker with ambient/drone sidechainig is not really on my checklist anyhow

Great company and intersting DAW. Bought the Ultimate edition, but sadly it missed some features that i needed. But i got a refund after a support ticket. Don't know if it's a standard procedure, but anyway....

Got an offer today that if I updated/complete my Stagelight profile I could get a total of $6 in store credits as a thank you.

So I did, and thus had enought credits to pick an effect for free, so I got myself Glitch6 :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”