Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Thanks everyone for the tips! I did the Unblock thing, ran as admin to reinstall and will let you know how that works out!! :)

Hi,

I always come back to RC with a new version to see if the crashes have been fixed. Unfortunately not for me! I thought I would try the new Melody Harmonizer function, but after selecting a few different options, RC just hangs and I have to use Task Manager to close it down. I've had multiple crashes doing this so I haven't got very far with using it I'm afraid. I always install it by unblocking and running as administrator as suggested. This is on Win 7 x64 using the standalone version with the included soundfonts.

I also still find that using my own soundfonts still gives an un-usable long list with an arrow to scroll but no scroll bar. I thought I had read before that this was being fixed so that soundfonts would show in a folder structure?

In Note Editing Mode if I move a note up the scale with the mouse it goes down about 3 otcaves and get stuck there where i can no longer edit it again until i hit undo a few times...

Also, in Note Editing mode if i Right-Click a note and select Scale Steps under "Note Offset:" and hit play RC crashes... but if unselect the note then hit play then RC is fine. Weird i know but, sometimes i want to audition the note up and down the scale as im editing rather than unselecting it everytime to hit play :D

Hi RiLLMuzik!

will you help me to reproduce this editing issue? I have checked editing a transposed phrase but it worked well. I am sure this sudden jump is because of transposition, but I cannot fix it until I can reproduce it. If you send me a composition file and tell me which note behaves like that, that would be great.

The same with the other problem. Which scale did you use when it crashed?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello Attila!
If you use MIDI only, you can disable audio entirely, so the Idle Wake Ups value will be normal.
No, after turning off the audio, Idle Wake Ups value still very high (up to 4500)
2. Still very much a program slows down ,about 15 minutes program is working properly (and not only when switching tabs, many clicks there is no response ,mouse-clicking any - waiting ... 10/20/30 seconds, but you can quickly if save the song (

By the way, I tried the program on three MAC - the same result!
I'm wondering why I'm writing one of these problems, hundreds of Mac users do not care? How do they work? Let write!
Maybe I have long gone mad?
Sincerely lulukom

Hello lulukom,

Strangely no other Mac users reported the slow-down. Of course I believe you that there must be a problem in RC. Therefore I inserted diagnostics in LE v2.92b4 (uploaded earlier today).
Please start RC from the Terminal, and check the printouts. You will see texts like "E1001" displayed. Please use the program as usual, and watch the Terminal. If you don't do anything, nothing should be printed. If you find that LOTS of text is printed, even if you do nothing, that is wrong. Please send me the output from the Terminal window in e-mail. I hope that the slowdown occurs at the same time when lots of text are printed.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila!
"Please start RC from the Terminal" ...
I do not know how to do it - tell me!
Thanks!
PS At the moment, a half-hour program worked normally (except for the recording in real-time - is better, but sometimes there is the compressed notes and sometimes half played phrase) then slows down again ...
But after the restart again works well for some time
Regards lulukom

Hello lulukom!

please open the Terminal and type the following:

Code: Select all

/Applications/RapidComposerLE.app/Contents/MacOS/RapidComposerLE
If you renamed the beta version e.g. to RapidComposerLEBeta.app, the command will look like

Code: Select all

/Applications/RapidComposerLEBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/RapidComposerLE
It would be important to watch the messages in the Terminal window. If there are more and more messages printed when it slows down, I would like to see those messages (please copy and send the Terminal window contents in e-mail).

Thank you! I hope we'll figure out what goes wrong...
Attila

Hi Attila!
Today, the program several times brakes and freezes ...
Here is the text terminal,
Maybe something will become clear
Sincerely lulukom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi lulukom,

I was interested in the short E1000... messages rather than the startup messages. That is everything after the startup messages is important, what is printed when you use the program.
You can even clear the Terminal after the program started.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila!
Terminal wrote this ... when the program is buggy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello lulukom!
This helps a lot, thank you. Now I know the problem is with window redraws, which explains why the program slows down. It is possible (I do not know exactly what happens) that it occurs in a loop. I'll upload an improved version for you in the next 1-2 days. EDIT: I sent you a PM with the update now.

Thank you!
Attila

Hello Attila!
Thank you for your participation, but unfortunately, the version that you sent me crashes immediately after clicking on the button of transport ..
Sincerely lulukom

Damn, it works for me. I forgot to ask: are we talking about the standalone version? Do you run the x64 version? Which button did you click to make it crash?
I thought we were close to fix this bug.

Best,
Attila

Yes, Attila, we talk about the stand-alone version, 64-bit, of course, Yosemite. But I got your letter and decided to once again test the program ... and works well (yet until well)))

Return to “MusicDevelopments”