Why get h-delay if u got echoboy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently googled h-delay and read that many love it but some also have echoboy. So im wondering myself why u would buy h-delay additionally. As far as I See echoboy Covers all h-delay features.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

echoboy is much better. 10/10

I think h-delay is a little more light on resources, but really I'm not wild about it. 7/10

You would be correct, IMHO. While there are quite a few delays that do have alternate work flows and sound qualities to EchoBoy... it doesn't appear to me H-Delay is one that is different enough to warrant having/needing in addition to EchoBoy.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

the other one that is really great is the fab filter one.. can't remember what it's called right now.

Because of the sound.

i wanted to get H-Delay for a fast nice sounding delay but i imma check how much echoboy eats up and save some standard presets so it should give everything then.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

stillshaded wrote:the other one that is really great is the fab filter one.. can't remember what it's called right now.
Timeless, got that and Echoboy. Both great delays.
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

Why get h-delay if u got echoboy? For more procrastination of course.

Yeah they H-Delay may seem a little light on the features comparatively. But it makes up for it in terms of speed and lighter CPU consumption.

Contrary to popular belief, the Analog feature on the Hybrid Series plugins doesn't introduce noise. On both the H-Comp and H-Delay it switches circuit models.

The more you crank up the Analog feature on H-Delay, the more tape-like it becomes.

But in my opinion, 3 is grittier than 4.

Agreed on 3 sounding grittier than 4! My default for old-style dub delays is analog at three, narrow band-pass filter, and just a tinge of LFO on the delay time. I don't own Echoboy, but I find H-Delay to be great as, well, a hybrid - you can do clean ping pongs, you can do noisy filtered mono self-oscillation, and you can do a lot in between!

Is NI Replika a kids toy in comparison to these 2 or does it hold its own? I used to want to echoboy but finding Replika is satisfying my delay needs the more I get to know it.

Cintronic wrote:Is NI Replika a kids toy in comparison to these 2 or does it hold its own? I used to want to echoboy but finding Replika is satisfying my delay needs the more I get to know it.
If it satisfies your needs.... then....
But okay, I'll bite.

H-Delay is an ever so slightly simpler plugin than Replika I guess, but it sounds fantastic, more vintage sounding, if that makes sense.
Echoboy is the jack-of-all-trades of delays. But I think that even if I had Echoboy, there would still be a place for Replika.

Replika! LOLZ. Have you seen that thread?

spirit wrote:Replika! LOLZ. Have you seen that thread?
Yes, it's a shame for all people who have issues with it, but for everyone that has it running without issues, it's a great delay imho.

LOL... Yeah I ended up getting the H-Delay to self-oscillate quite accidentally.

At first I thought I had it configured in my busses wrong, but I quickly realised it must have been a trait of its vintage counterparts.

Return to “Effects”