Sound Design for Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,
I'm working on a sample pack for Bitwig using sequences from a Cyclone TT303. I've got an FX chain set up to replicate at least some of the live tweakability of the real thing: filter, FX etc. but I've hit a stumbling block with something I was keen to do.
I want to slice the sequences - a drum machine seems to fit the best, sampler is more control than I think is needed - so that the sequences, with the slices now being triggered by midi notes, can be remixed and chopped round to give variety. This works well and the results are pretty cool tweaking with my Ohm64 but the problem comes with how to package the whole thing for distribution/sale. Obviously I can package up the drum racks with the various sequences as presets in the drum rack and the tweaker FX chain in place but what I can't figure out is if there is any way to package up the midi triggers for the sequences as part of a preset of sorts.
Anyone have any suggestions?
At this stage I'm going to have to leave it up to the user to slice the sequences but it would be so much nicer to do that myself so any help would be appreciated. :? The only thing I'd thought was distributing the thing as one big Bitwig project but that seems clumsy or just having the sequences as whole loops in the Sampler but then you lose the ability to change the sequences.

I'm fairly new to Bitwig so apologies if the answer is incredibly obvious.

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help.

You can save the clip with devices by dragging it to the browser. Gives you a clip, not a preset though.

"package up the midi triggers for the sequences as part of a preset of sorts."

you want help with this but what do you mean by midi triggers? controller assignments? Notes? what?
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Tearing Riots wrote:You can save the clip with devices by dragging it to the browser. Gives you a clip, not a preset though.
That might work although I was hoping to have a sequence or clip per preset not per device if that makes sense. This might help though, I'll take a look into it. Thanks for the help!
qtheerearranger wrote:"package up the midi triggers for the sequences as part of a preset of sorts."

you want help with this but what do you mean by midi triggers? controller assignments? Notes? what?
So, once the audio is sliced into the drum machine a midi clip is created which triggers the slices in order to reproduce the original sampled 303 sequence. So what I'm looking for is a way to create a device which has a set of presets: the device is a drum machine which contains the 303 sequence sliced and the FX rack which gives you a tweakable filter, delay, etc. In order for the presets to work though they need to have an associated midi clip which triggers that particular sampled 303 sequence (this is not the same for every sequence I've sampled). When you switch to the next preset then the next sampled 303 sequence is loaded in the drum rack and I need the midi clip which triggers it is also to be loaded. So the sample set in the drum machine and the midi clip which trigger it correctly need to be stored together if that makes sense. Just having one clip associated with the whole device wouldn't work unless I slice every sequence in exactly the same way.

I hope that makes sense :)

ahh..

makes sense now. I dont think it is currently possible. I would export each midi clip with the preset and label them and package them in the folder you send the drum racks off in.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Ah yeah, nice, that makes sense. Hopefully, given the slice to sampler and slice to drum machine functions are there then some way to package the midi clip with the sliced sample will be introduced. Or..... it's only me that wants to do this and it'll never appear :)

Thanks heaps for the help!

Return to “Bitwig”