Decoding sample names

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm a software developer interested in building my own little version of a BFD/Addictive Drums etc standalone /VST app. I downloaded the Yamaha hybrid single hits pack, and was wondering about the naming conventions. They must have something to do with velocity & position, but the decoding (of sample file names) isn't completely clear to me. For example, the name CNST_CRSH_CNFL_HT_003_1 seems to refer to a crash cymbal hit, at velocity 1 (low) and in the center of the cymbal (CNFL), but that's just a guess. Can you tell me how I should interpret the file names (& also the multi-sampled file names, when I purchase those)?
thanks,
snow

Hi,

There is a key to understanding the sample names in the user manual that would have come with your download but I'll outline it here for you as well.

CNST - this is the model of the crash, in this case case CNST stands for Constantinople.

CRSH - This is the drum type.

CN - This is the articulation type, in this case a centre hit.

FL - These letters refer to the type of sample, whether it's come from fully mixed stereo source (FL), a close mic (CL), overhead mic (OH) etc...

HT_003 - this is specific to Drumdrops and is merely refers to the kit number.

1 - This is the velocity number as you correctly guessed.

The multi-samples will adhere to this cataloging system as well but they will most likely included a Round Robin number specified by the letters RR.

I hope this has been some help to you...

Cheers.

Holy crap, a manual! I wasn't expecting that with a set of samples, but there it is, and it looks like it has all the info I need.
Thanks Ben!

No problem.

Let me know if you need any further help in the future.

Cheers,

Ben.

Return to “Drumdrops”