Speculation: I think Logic XI isn't too far away, and here's why

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just think if you were a developing team what the next step would be after reading a quick summary of what has gone down with apple and audio..

redmatica has made its way into MainStage.

Logic plugins have been getting revamped over the series of X.

News broke of apple acquiring camel audio shortly after X release.

Camel Audio stops existing.

Camel Audio makes its way into garageband.

Apple announces new core audio, core midi, and AU features, that include sandboxing, individual plugin output routing in a track (being able to split stuff like bitwig) which comes with el capitan. They can't delay this.

Now... we have this new midi protocol that Apple developed alongside bitwig, roger linn, moog music, and others, Aalto 1.7 from Madrona Labs with MPE Support Available Now | Emusician

like in the history of logic there has never been so much stuff to go down in a release (not all have to do with the software directly but to me they are all signs towards a logic XI) imo..

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Logic XI in the fall even though we just got 10.1 as crazy as that sounds.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

no
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Apple's not like steinberg where they release a new major version every week. Come to think of it...since logic was v5, Steinberg has introduced SX1 and made it all the way 8. They'll probably be releasing v11 before Apple does.

What's the point of this speculation?

Fernando (FMR)

Tomorrow will be released

theres no point to it.. i was just really baked before i went to bed last night. sorry everyone.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

i reckon there WILL be a 10.5 update - that will include major new features and be either yosemite + only or el capitan + only.

They will wait a bit till el capitan is officially out of beta and then something indeed will come regarding logic.

TheoM wrote:i reckon there WILL be a 10.5 update - that will include major new features and be either yosemite + only or el capitan + only.

They will wait a bit till el capitan is officially out of beta and then something indeed will come regarding logic.
It would be a first in Logic history under Apple. An update with new features and new requisites :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
TheoM wrote:i reckon there WILL be a 10.5 update - that will include major new features and be either yosemite + only or el capitan + only.

It would be a first in Logic history under Apple. An update with new features and new requisites :hihi:
What would be a first in Apple's app store history would be an upgrade price :(

I guess they wouldn't want to spoil the joy and excitement of tearing off the virtual packaging of a brand new Logic purchase :wink:

lnikj wrote:
fmr wrote:

What would be a first in Apple's app store history would be an upgrade price :(

I guess they wouldn't want to spoil the joy and excitement of tearing off the virtual packaging of a brand new Logic purchase :wink:
THAT will be a problem for them, indeed. Logic Pro X was the first one in iTunes, but now, how will they explain all the current users they will have to pay full again? Or will they offer the upgrade for free? :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Um, given Apple's apparent fondness for the number 10 and the corresponding "X" designation, and given many years of precedence with Apple OS revisions, I predict that Logic XI will never arrive, and we will instead get 10 consecutive major release versions of Logic X, perhaps with cute revision names featuring names of species' of cats or scenic locations in California, or something.

The upgrade pricing is interesting, I would pay 200 again for the "right" update, Logic's pricing is one of the most ridiculous deals in the history of music software, but really, Apple might let upgrades go for free. Logic is a loss leader, they really just want to sell more Macs, so a $200 lifetime Logic might make sense for Apple if they can keep you from going windows.

ShawnG wrote: perhaps with cute revision names featuring names of species' of cats or scenic locations in California, or something.
:)
ShawnG wrote: Logic's pricing is one of the most ridiculous deals in the history of music software
Well, the competitors are multiplatform, though. Otherwise it would cost twice, I guess... More or less like the others...

mhog wrote:
ShawnG wrote: perhaps with cute revision names featuring names of species' of cats or scenic locations in California, or something.
:)
ShawnG wrote: Logic's pricing is one of the most ridiculous deals in the history of music software
Well, the competitors are multiplatform, though. Otherwise it would cost twice, I guess... More or less like the others...
Well, Sonar, Samplitude/Sequoia and FLStudio aren't. Just to support ShawnG's point ;)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”