FXpansion Geist with Bitwig (for begginers)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Are here Geist users?
So Im new with Geist and try to figure it out how can I work with Bitwig.

I know that in Geist we have 16 pads, 8 Engines and 24 steps which are like Midi Notes in Pianoroll.

Ok - I made basic pattern with geist and how can I move it now to Bitwig midi clip? I understand that I draw also the midi clips in Bitwig, but it does not make sense. The second thing is when I draw some geist pattern in Bitwig it plays all the time, why? Geist does not stop playing after the midi clip ends.

The only solution I see is to record Geist to audio track in Bitwig, right?

Sorry for this lame questions but I can understand other multi-channels-instruments, but Geist running probably a bit differently?

You can 'drag' the pattern (the pattern button) into BW.
After that you need to select an empty pattern, so you hear BW midi only.

There's so much more to Geist.
I suggest you watch all the videos fxpansion has put up on youtube.

What versions of Geist and Bitwig are you running?
Everything works here.
After drawing a pattern in Geist you can drag and drop it onto the Geist track in Bitwig by clicking & dragging the field in Geist that looks like a keyboard.
After you dragged the midi clip into Bitwig turn of the Engine in Geist or you will trigger the sounds twice.
Experiment with song mode on or off in Geist.
You loose a lot of Geists power when you let Bitwig sequence it.
But you can of course use it however you like. Use Geist just as a drumrack, or change Geists pattern by a midi note or use Geist song mode or record Geist as audio as you do now.

Bathrobe wrote: You loose a lot of Geists power when you let Bitwig sequence it.
Exactly...I'd just sequence the patterns by midi in BW.

I agree with you gusy, Geist is really powerfull machine, like a "small DAW", so I will definitely use his potential.

I saw a lot tuts on youtube, Geist can bring really amazing effects with sampling and resamplin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bu7BVgx9QQ WOW

So thanks for the basic info about it, I will try this today.

Return to “Bitwig”