UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

otristan wrote:
greenman wrote:@otristan no, I havent sent a support email back then, I just did not buy. But I guess I would if they made this offer again.
As the intro price is finishing at the end of the month (regular price is 129$), I don't think that kind of price will ever happen again.
I don't think I'll pay the price of fully-pimped synth for an effect. It may be very good effect, but it has limited use.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:
otristan wrote:
greenman wrote:@otristan no, I havent sent a support email back then, I just did not buy. But I guess I would if they made this offer again.
As the intro price is finishing at the end of the month (regular price is 129$), I don't think that kind of price will ever happen again.
I don't think I'll pay the price of fully-pimped synth for an effect. It may be very good effect, but it has limited use.
From any of your collection of "fully pimped synths" you can likely make many of the sounds of the others, but can you easily replicate what Relayer does with your other delays?

For me the answer was definitely 'no', so I went for it (missing the extra discount too, because I bought early).

lnikj wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:
otristan wrote:
From any of your collection of "fully pimped synths" you can likely make many of the sounds of the others, but can you easily replicate what Relayer does with your other delays?

For me the answer was definitely 'no', so I went for it (missing the extra discount too, because I bought early).
I think this falls into the whatever floats your boat category... I personally have spent more on my effects than I have on my synths. I have very few synths, but lots of different effects that are specialized, or limited to excel at certain things.

Likewise, I can see how some would rather spend more on synths than effects. To be honest... I never really thought about this before, comparing the prices of effects to the cost of synths.

After some trial, i would say that Relayer has at least two things why it's need to buy, it's his Time section (really unique piece), and the fact that all parameters can be automatable, despite their large quantity. It's cool.

FWIW, we are working on a 1.0.3 which will include support
for mono and mono>stereo audio configuration.

Cheers !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:FWIW, we are working on a 1.0.3 which will include support
for mono and mono>stereo audio configuration.

Cheers !
Nice! :)

Bought it.........love it. I tried the demo and bought it same day. Working on a few projects already and it's working lovely. I have many delays including Crystallizer, EchoBoy, Primal Tap, Uber, and now Relayer. I am getting some really cool stuff out of this thing in terms of creativity.

I bought it a week ago without even demoing based on the demo video and comments here. I just loaded it for the first time and I'm nice and happy. I'd like to see an AGC function so that I'm not clipping otherwise clean tracks when whipping through presets. Not a biggie (and maybe it's there and I just haven't gotten to it yet) but I scared myself a minute ago with some screaching digital clipping. :roll:

I already know from it's feature list that this is worth the cost of admission. Not seeing any adverse CPU use thus far.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

It would be good if FX 1 and 2 had an option to run in parallel or series.

mutantdog wrote:It would be good if FX 1 and 2 had an option to run in parallel or series.
True, but for a start the waveshaper has a mix function.

Hmm, it seems there is some issue related with (missing ?) IR`s in Color section list.

For example, preset "Filter Warp" (located in Special FX - Mix) are used "Tape Echo3" IR, which is missing in Color library.

Also, next preset "Ghost Wisper" used "Old Phone" IR - impulse with the same name actually present in the color list, but when you open the menu list, you can see that "Old Phone" is not selected, and if you choose it will sound quite different.

I did not check all the presets, just randomly drew attention to this issue in a few.

Identify such presets (which use "inaccessible" impulses) easily - need just click on prewious\next Color arrows, and If IR is not listed it does not switch to the next.

Of course, this not critical problem, but if in theory there is a greater number of colors, would good to give access to them. :)

c_voltage wrote:Hmm, it seems there is some issue related with (missing ?) IR`s in Color section list.

For example, preset "Filter Warp" (located in Special FX - Mix) are used "Tape Echo3" IR, which is missing in Color library.

Also, next preset "Ghost Wisper" used "Old Phone" IR - impulse with the same name actually present in the color list, but when you open the menu list, you can see that "Old Phone" is not selected, and if you choose it will sound quite different.

I did not check all the presets, just randomly drew attention to this issue in a few.

Identify such presets (which use "inaccessible" impulses) easily - need just click on prewious\next Color arrows, and If IR is not listed it does not switch to the next.

Of course, this not critical problem, but if in theory there is a greater number of colors, would good to give access to them. :)
Will check this.
Thanks for the report.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:Will check this.Thanks for the report.
Thank Olivier.

Some improvements I'd like to see:

modulation presets for the time/gain/pan/fx1/fx2 modulation lanes (have I missed any ?)... it would be better IMO if the 'random' preset was simply a button in the gui. There's certainly room for it. 9 times out of 10, you have to select 'random' multiple times until you find that aleatoric nugget of gold that sounds good on your source material - so it gets to be a drag going back and forth over that preset context menu. Ideally you should add three buttons ... a 'left' and 'right' for navigating the presets sequentially, and a 'random' button for quick and repeated access to the random preset.

lfos: Gain & Pan modulation lanes should definitely have lfos in the same way fx1/fx2 do.
lfo rates should be available in time divisions/multiplications of the host/project tempo (I hope I haven't missed this ? couldn't find it) ...and there should obviously be generous multiplications for slow/evolving/ambient work.
speaking of lfos... more parameters should have individual lfos. Like wet, dry, master filter high, master filter low, color mix, time, feedback. all of 'em. there's certainly room in the gui for those diminutive style dials (featured in the fx1/fx2 lanes).

Relayer's advantage over other creative delays is its nice, engaging gui... but I think its significant shortcoming is its modulation capabilities aren't, imo, fully fleshed out.

Daags wrote:Some improvements I'd like to see:

modulation presets for the time/gain/pan/fx1/fx2 modulation lanes (have I missed any ?)... it would be better IMO if the 'random' preset was simply a button in the gui. There's certainly room for it. 9 times out of 10, you have to select 'random' multiple times until you find that aleatoric nugget of gold that sounds good on your source material - so it gets to be a drag going back and forth over that preset context menu. Ideally you should add three buttons ... a 'left' and 'right' for navigating the presets sequentially, and a 'random' button for quick and repeated access to the random preset.

lfos: Gain & Pan modulation lanes should definitely have lfos in the same way fx1/fx2 do.
lfo rates should be available in time divisions/multiplications of the host/project tempo (I hope I haven't missed this ? couldn't find it) ...and there should obviously be generous multiplications for slow/evolving/ambient work.
speaking of lfos... more parameters should have individual lfos. Like wet, dry, master filter high, master filter low, color mix, time, feedback. all of 'em. there's certainly room in the gui for those diminutive style dials (featured in the fx1/fx2 lanes).
Synced LFO rate will be definitely there at some point.

Will see what we can do about Graph Random.

Regarding modulation, Relayer is already quite dense, so I'm not a huge fan of adding more stuff.
There is a fine balance between complete and bloated.

Still you can do as many as you want using the automation feature of your host. Like automating Spread in Pan or Offset in FX pages or any other FX parameter.

Thanks for the feedback.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Return to “Effects”