Studio One v3.1 crashes when opening its manual (fixed)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This must be the most stupid bug any DAW could have. How on Earth did this get past the beta testers? Was no one reading the manual the whole time? This is 100% reproducible on my Mac (Mavericks 64 bit)

The really annoying aspect of this is you can only access the manual within the app - it's not even a separate pdf download.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

not here on Yosemite. it works.

Not for me - it crashes every single time I try - and still doesn't open the manual either.

I'd reinstall maybe. works here and for many on the S1 FB page

I have the same crash with Yosemite and S1 V3.0.2 german version.
Reinstalling S1 does not help.

Thanks for confirming - what a bug!

They really need to make the manual available separately as well as in the app.

Thanks to someone on the Presonus forum I found a link to an unofficial pdf version of the documentation:

http://daw.one/presonus-studio-one-3-re ... nofficial/

absurd that someone had to generate this and that they have embedded it in the app, which then crashes trying to load it, but anyway.

same irritating crash bug here.

-Studio One V3.0.2
-Mac OSX 10.10.4

Crashes here too. 3.0.2, 10.10.4.

It's ok though, since the manual is utter shit.

Jeez man would you just RTF... oh wait. :)

Support got back to me to say they are working on a fix, in the meantime this doesn't seem to affect it when run as a 32 bit app.

yeah here too. Yosemite. This happened in the previous release too
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Strange, support told me they thought this was a Mavericks only issue - have you filed a bug report? They need to know if it isn't.

The really annoying aspect of this is you can only access the manual within the app
It's just HTML pages. You can access it directly even when the app isn't running.

IIRC, I think the crash is related to their attempts to make it contextual. i recall it crashing under a condition where (I suppose) the context it's looking for is not there or something.

:hihi: Sorry... This is just funny.

Hope they have a quick fix. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”