Daftest synth plugin press release blurb ever?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
Sendy wrote:sometimes I've been able to name the VST effect someone was using on an element of their track, surprising the both of us. Not intended as a brag
Indeed :o That's like Rainman abilities innit
Yeah! Welcome to me! I rock! :band:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I vote for Tone2 for some of the silliest-sounding marketing lingo for synths on their web site.

"Nemesis takes FM synthesis to its next evolutionary step: NeoFM synthesis"
"RayBlaster unveils a completely new & unique dimension of sounds"
"The revolutionary Impulse Modeling Synthesis is not just a marketing buzzword - but a radically new and different approach to synthetic sound generation"

Second place goes to Meldaproduction, who I really like for effects. For MPowerSynth:

"SOUNDS BETTER THAN BOTH ANALOG & DIGITAL"
------------------------------------------
Gribs

GaryG wrote:
ontol wrote: I wonder what cabling they modeled. I have some radio shack cables from the early 80's that are absolutely integral to my sound.
Pfft, amateur, I only use officially modelled, virtual Neutrik connectors, much better sense of air and soundstage.
Wouldnt cheap cables add a bit of distortion/fuzz?

arkmabat wrote:
GaryG wrote:
ontol wrote: I wonder what cabling they modeled. I have some radio shack cables from the early 80's that are absolutely integral to my sound.
Pfft, amateur, I only use officially modelled, virtual Neutrik connectors, much better sense of air and soundstage.
Wouldnt cheap cables add a bit of distortion/fuzz?
Nah. I actually use virtual coathangers for that ]proper Monster cable sound.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Sendy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Sendy wrote:sometimes I've been able to name the VST effect someone was using on an element of their track, surprising the both of us. Not intended as a brag
Indeed :o That's like Rainman abilities innit
Yeah! Welcome to me! I rock! :band:

was it dblue glitch or one of the Izotope BT plugins? :hihi:
:borg:

arkmabat wrote:Wouldnt cheap cables add a bit of distortion/fuzz?
The whole "you can hear the cable" thing comes from using long stretches of cable for mics, guitars or buses on stage. With longer / cheaper cables, the reactance (capacitance + resistance produces a filter) can cause the tone of the tone circuit formed by the pickups (guitar, rhodes, etc) or condenser/etc (mics) and the output circuit to change.

For example on a guitar the extra reactance of the cable can filter away the high end, making the high notes end up with lower volume and taking away the brightness of the bell tones on something like a rhodes.

The other factor that comes into play is when you're dealing in the sort of on-stage cable runs that are common in amateur setups, the power or other uninsulated signal cables are often mixed with sensitive cables.

In those cases you can get mains hum or other EMI introduced onto your cables if you aren't using balanced/shielded cables. Especially when you're using a very high impedance input amplifier with unloaded inputs like certain cheap guitar amps.

Anyway, all this over time through "mental Chinese-whispers" became the myth that you can actually hear the cable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent

"If the sound is different, it might be the cheap cables. Therefore cheap cables sound different."

This isn't exactly affirming the consequent but it's a minor variation, too lazy to look through to find which one it is.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Hi. Could one of the folk who were here or a kindly moderator please corroborate that Numanoid had posts deleted from this thread. He's pretending otherwise elsewhere. Cheers.

I'm upset by the fact he erased his "go back to the trailor park, whyterabbyt" comment because it removed my excuse for posting the video of trailer park boys.

I recommend that everyone go look up rickyisms ASAP.

The following may apply:
"Mr. stupidy-head is @^(#in pissin me off right now, thinks he's the captain of the shit-liner and by the way your fish-sticks SUCK so ^&$@-OFF!"

Actually Ricky reminds me a ton of admiral quality. Whoa.

"This place looks like a tropical earthquake blew through here or somethin!"
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

whyterabbyt wrote:Hi. Could one of the folk who were here or a kindly moderator please corroborate that Numanoid had posts deleted from this thread. He's pretending otherwise elsewhere. Cheers.
You mean this?: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=uk

KingClarkie wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Hi. Could one of the folk who were here or a kindly moderator please corroborate that Numanoid had posts deleted from this thread. He's pretending otherwise elsewhere. Cheers.
You mean this?: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=uk
cheers!

aciddose wrote:it removed my excuse for posting the video of trailer park boys.
Still got the link to share?

No, the video contains more cursing than an NWA album.

Just search rickyisms or trailor park boys on youtube.

Return to “Instruments”