Synthmaster 2.7 Analog Filter resonance bug(can possibly blow your speakers)...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't be the only one who notice this, in Synthmaster 2.7 when you set the resonance to full along with the cutoff to full and try to play multiple keys it sounds terrible and screechy compared to the previous version(2.6.21)...that is if it doesn't blow your speakers first(Reapers auto mute saves mine)...the resonance was never like this in v2.6, this is really frustrating because all this time waiting on the latest update and bam more bugs on top of the old bugs...smh what was the wait for? This particular problem can also cause certain patches to sound different, since the resonance is different. I hope this one is fixed instead of swept under the rug because if not I'm going to have move on to more stable synths....

This is the analogue filter? It sounds like feedback that's out of control, possibly a problem with the way that the range is set up in that even low res settings sound pretty sharp – so the feedback is happening some way below max resonance for me (OS X 10.10.4).

And that kids is why it's always good to have a limiter on the master when trying out these things.

try adding this at the end of the audio signal when experimenting. it's free :wink:

http://www.cerberusaudio.com/Software/Products/Ice9/

Hi guys,

I am comparing the behaviors of 2.6 vs 2.7 filters.

By the way, the resonance range is 0 to 5. It's always been like that. Self oscillation occurs at 4

I will update you guys on this shortly.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Issue fixed! Once I complete some other fixes I will release 2.7.3
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Issue fixed! Once I complete some other fixes I will release 2.7.3
Thank you for your help! :D

2.7.3 is available on the website.

v2.7.3
1. NEW: Added 50 new factory presets by Bluffmunkey
2. FIX: Analog filter resonances cause noisy output at high resonance and high cutoff values
3. FIX: SynthMaster doesn't read WAV files correcly when then contain label chunks

Strange thing, even after installing I check updates, Synthmaster does not recognize it's already 2.7.3 (even though the about display says so) and prompts to download the 2.7.3 version :O

- Mario

Same here.
Studio One 3.5.6 Pro
Win 7 x64
Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
Behringer UMC404HD
No talent.

Maybe I forgot to increase version number on the server, will check it out today
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”