Multittrack Setting Question

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering if something can post a step-by-step walkthrough (either typed here, or a YouTube video) on using the quad Multitrack functionality of the Evolution engine going out to 4 separate tracks in a DAW. I use Logic and Pro Tools. I do know how to get separate outputs going in the Kontakt mixer, but would need additional guidance from there, for what to do in the DAW, as well as how many instances of Evolution should be instantiated within Kontakt (I'm assuming 4) and how each should be set.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Just wanted to add, I did just get done reading the whole Banshee manual (awesome library) and there the section on Multitrack setting isn't detailed, so hence I'm asking here.

Because you can set the multitracking to use multiple audio outputs, you only need a single instance of Evolution. Each track in the multitracking will then be sent out sequential audio channels, starting with the first one. The effects will automatically be bypassed when the multitracking is set to the separate audio output mode.

From there, you also need to open Kontakt's output settings (click the "output" button at the very top of Kontakt's window) and set the audio outputs for each channel to separate internal outputs (sequential just to keep organized). So your first stereo output is set to 1|2 by default, so you'd set the next to 3|4, then 5|6, etc. It depends on your DAW, but I assume most of them use a similar approach where you then have to create audio tracks with their inputs set to the corresponding channels set in Kontakt.

I could make a tutorial, but a lot depends on your DAW and audio interface.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg,

That's very helpful, thanks very much for the reply. I've done Kontakt multi-outs before in my DAW (Logic X) so really just knowing that I only need one instance of Evolution going to the multi outs of Kontakt is all I needed. Thanks again.

While you only need one instance of the guitar library to handle the multi-out setup, if you need several guitar tracks, each with multiple audio outputs, you'll need to use a separate instance of Kontakt per guitar part. That way the audio outputs aren't conflicting between instances of the sample library.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”