New Vengeance synth in the works

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

basslinemaster wrote: Please show me (apart from the price difference) exactly how Cubase is targetted at 'professionals', and how FL Studio isn't.
Not sure if serious :?

Cubase is built from the ground up for recording/tracking of both MIDI and audio with its lanes and track version system, fully featured mixing console with every type of volume metering under the sun / advanced mixing automation with VCA faders and track grouping, fully featured audio editing, scoring / music notation support, time signature and tempo changes, time saving MIDI based composition with features like logical editor and chord tracks, extremely flexible quantization system,

I havn't even gotten into half of what Cubase does to target the "professional" market.

Pretty sure FL studio doesn't care about nearly anything on that list, and it shouldn't because its NOT targeting that market.
Last edited by Phorous on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

basslinemaster wrote:Please show me (apart from the price difference) exactly how Cubase is targetted at 'professionals', and how FL Studio isn't.
Cubase has great standard metering and everything is entered in standard format, decibels and you can type in the exact values too.

FL Studio contains a number from 0 to 127, the meters are unpredictable and don't have labels for levels and I asked about this and was told "decibels are stupid and useless, 127 is much better and we'll never implement decibels."

I'm sorry, but FL Studio is in fact aimed at retards. Oh, either that or at least aimed by retards.

I love the urban dictionary top entry for "retard":
The people who choose to make fun of the mental retarded tend to be complete morons ...
:hihi:

Actually "retard" means hold back, like hold back to the 8-bit stone age by displaying everything as 0 to 127.

Until FL Studio progresses and implements the standards we've used in professional audio for over half a century at this point, FL Studio is literally retarded.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

frizzbee wrote: Especially if it is from vengeance or refx. There are plenty of threads about how they ripped off and deal with their customers. So who cares about their new synth? Tons of synths have been and will be released this year... Btw lets remember the last product they released after 2 years of work. Customers who bought it were paid beta tester! :x And I doubt they got a working release till now.
Are you sure you're talking about Vengeance? just take a look at the V forum, these guys are working to fix every bug on the first time they hear about it!

they release new versions on weekly basis if needed and they don't rest until their software is working on every computer.

I bought Studio One v3 on day one. It crashed on me all the time!
does it mean I'm a paid beta tester? you can't beta test every configuration on this planet.
Vengeance are very proactive.

now why do I care about their synth? check out their plugins!

the programming is brilliant, the gui is spot on, the sound is incredible.
having a synth with such level of programming and sound is something that I want. :)

I think that these days software has evolved so much that I'm ready to replace a big dongle (Virus etc) with a smaller one (new V synth w/ elicenser dongle) :D

basslinemaster wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
As somebody else said above, companies are always telling us how much piracy hurts them, therefore those companies that have uncrackable protection, like Steinberg and ReFX, should be selling more copies (all things being equal - i.e. the quality of their synths/DAWs) than their competitors, shouldn't they?
What companies are complaining? Just curious.
I presume all the companies whose software has been cracked are complaining. Do you think no companies are complaining about piracy?
Like everyone is complaining about the weather, right?

Please point me to concrete quotes where companies say that piracy hurts/has hurt their sales in a significant way.

I can remember Urs from U-he has talked about that, but I never ever found a quote from the big players like Native Instruments or Ableton.

basslinemaster wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
What do you mean by "sells well"?
What is the yearly number of sales of FL Studio compared to Cubase?
FL Studio is heavily, massively pirated, judging by the results you get from Google for it, yet it costs a lot less than Cubase. So FL Studio isn't "selling well" because it's cheap? What about Synthmaster?
The reason for this was explained before.

BTW I'm pretty sure Steinberg has a much bigger team then FL Studio, so their costs may be much higher also.

Cubase is targeted at professionals - people who can/will pay those prices (and finally people do have to pay as there is no cracked version beyond Cubase 5 because of the unbreakable copy protection). Same goes for Vengeance.

FL Studio is targeted at Bedroom producers, people who cannot/won't pay Steinberg prices. Maybe cracks are even tolerated because of all the kids producing tutorials on YT (=Marketing). Even Ableton tolerates cracks.

Maybe even the high price for Cubase is appealing to the pros, a kind of psychological marketing (cheap products=average products). Compare that to Apple. Apple does not want to produce yet another 100 bucks mobile, they want their customers to belive to have bought sth special.
It's "bigger THAN".
Thanks for the hint, I'm sure your grammar is perfect.

Why don't you try learning another language that we can see how you'r doing with that? :lol:

2ZrgE wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
What do you mean by "sells well"?
What is the yearly number of sales of FL Studio compared to Cubase?
FL Studio is heavily, massively pirated, judging by the results you get from Google for it, yet it costs a lot less than Cubase. So FL Studio isn't "selling well" because it's cheap? What about Synthmaster?
The reason for this was explained before.

BTW I'm pretty sure Steinberg has a much bigger team then FL Studio, so their costs may be much higher also.

Cubase is targeted at professionals - people who can/will pay those prices (and finally people do have to pay as there is no cracked version beyond Cubase 5 because of the unbreakable copy protection). Same goes for Vengeance.

FL Studio is targeted at Bedroom producers, people who cannot/won't pay Steinberg prices. Maybe cracks are even tolerated because of all the kids producing tutorials on YT (=Marketing). Even Ableton tolerates cracks.

Maybe even the high price for Cubase is appealing to the pros, a kind of psychological marketing (cheap products=average products). Compare that to Apple. Apple does not want to produce yet another 100 bucks mobile, they want their customers to belive to have bought sth special.
It's "bigger THAN".
Thanks for the hint, I'm sure your grammar is perfect.

Why don't you try learning another language that we can see how you are doing with that? :lol:

Voice303 wrote:
basslinemaster wrote: Please show me (apart from the price difference) exactly how Cubase is targetted at 'professionals', and how FL Studio isn't.
I guess he has no real understanding what the term "professional" means in this context.

2ZrgE wrote:
Voice303 wrote:
I guess he has no real understanding what the term "professional" means in this context.
Probably he just means you can make music professionally with it - as in earning money. From that perspective Fruity Loops is as professional as Cubase.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Yes, no one wants his DAW of choice to be called 'unprofessional', I can understand that.

For EDM Fl Studio is as good as any other DAW, I just cannot image it being used for scoring a Hollywood Blockbuster. ;)

2ZrgE wrote:Yes, no one wants his DAW of choice to be called 'unprofessional', I can understand that.

For EDM Fl Studio is as good as any other DAW, I just cannot image it being used for scoring a Hollywood Blockbuster. ;)
Me neither. Unless it's Blair Witch Project 3 - the EDM edition :hihi:

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Nor could I see FL Studio being used heavily in a tracking/recording environment. Its a fantastic DAW for efficiently putting together many different styles of songs many of which have and will go onto being huge hits, but its not targeting the "pro audio" market.

Most derailed thread ever award????
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:Most derailed thread ever award????
Could be said about every thread ever where the company uses copy protection KVR doesn't like :lol:

Vengeance related thread always get derailed, ALWAYS. I can understand why manuel rarely post here.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:Vengeance related thread always get derailed, ALWAYS. I can understand why manuel rarely post here.
Yeah. True that. But then again, if Manuel would post here more often and answer questions maybe the thread would stay on course?

/C

Return to “Instruments”