So, has anyone actually ATTEMPTED Cubase on Windows 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

ckam03 wrote:Jesus dude. The point is that when a better operating system comes out, you upgrade because its faster and more efficient. If you're one of those "don't fix what isn't broke" guys then stay with what you have. You can't truly expect Microsoft to keep supporting their old operating systems forever. XP is a 15 year old operating system. Try out 10 for yourself and if you don't like it, you can revert back. How have they shafted you desktop users with 10? You say it like its a touch only OS or something. I'm tired of seeing these posts. Sorry for my rant.
In the first paragraph of my post, my gripes were referring to my experience with Windows 8, and in the second paragraph I was saying if Microsoft insists on shafting us in Windows 10 like they did in Windows 8, I will abandon them. Because I don't know whether they are or not, that's why I asked if anyone has any experience with Cubase + RME + Windows 10. I'm also now questioning what "faster and more efficient" actually means and I am sincerely interested if you have any evidence to support such a claim.

I am not trying to start a fight and I also apologize for my rant-like tone. Like many people, I spend an enormous amount of time in the Windows environment, and it gets to be a very sensitive, personal issue. If I really didn't care about ever updating, I wouldn't be interested in this discussion, and I would be an idiot because I guess I would still be using DOS 1.0. I'm just trying to explain where I'm coming from and learn what Cubase and RME users have to say about Windows 10. It's in part through discussions like these that I made the decision not to update to Vista or Windows 8, which obviously was a good decision in retrospect. :D

Just a quick note, the audio upgrades don't have anything to do with ASIO, so ASIO should perform close to identical. WASAPI was supposedly greatly improved. But, since I use ASIO I haven't really tested to see if it is true.

There are OS scheduling improvements, some of which affect MIDI communications that may/may not help you. I noticed that my timing was different on my MIDISport. Not better or worse, just different. I had to adjust my offset in Cubase.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I'm still on C7 so I guess I must upgrade Cubase if I install W10. :?

Tonberry wrote:Win 8 is a huge financial flop, its market share is extremely low
18.65% isn't extremely low..
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Your chart shows 13.83% :) You have to consider that Windows XP has 5% more there and it's an 11 years older OS! Keep in mind that many Windows 8 users are now jumping to Win 10 while XP users do not because most XPs are on old machines probably incapable of running Win10 at all, so the future may widen the gap between the two if not enough new users buy Win 8. What's more - when they do, Win7 seemed to be their main go-to destination (I don't know if that has changed lately).

Sore numbers don't tell much as well, it's how OS performs compared to other OSes that shows which one is successful and which one flopped. Source is important too - usage statistics instead of Microsoft press conferences for example :) And those are brutal on Windows 8, leaving it far behind its more popular competition as of late.

That being said, it is extremely stable (as it's basically a dressed up Win7), resource-friendly and most of those dumb annoying features can be turned off. Only a young OS user who hadn't had the pleasure to deal with 90-s OSes could say that it's a BAD OS. Having to uninstall an operating system after a week because Windows says "^&@$ you" is a sci-fi scenario in recent times, lucky we!. I can't count times when I had to reinstall Windows 98 because welcoming screen gave me an error message or it performed extremely slow for no reason right from the start.

Cubase 8 Pro and Steinberg UR28M running great for me on Windows 10 x64!
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote:Cubase 8 Pro and Steinberg UR28M running great for me on Windows 10 x64!
Let's try not to destroy the bad atmosphere with success messages... please...

:wink:

Daimonicon wrote:I'm still on C7 so I guess I must upgrade Cubase if I install W10. :?
why? it runs fine.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”