Any word on NI Komplete 10 yet?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I sent a message to NI about purchasing Komplete 10 for Muse Receptor Trio yesterday.

Also I posted in the "Improvement Wishes" string last night.
Dirk's assessment, "For me there are 3 deal breaking apps that are must haves, they are Komplete 10, Addictive Drums 2, and Omnisphere 2." seems to verify what I deduced.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Hi Dirk
I think we'll get there with all three of these… but it does take some time. And I think requesting any developer to support Receptor is always good for the community… we are few, but we are mighty.

Bryan

Heard back from NI in Berlin this morning. They are planning to investigate the issue and hopefully come up with a solution in the "next few weeks". Part of this is because it's July and half of Europe goes on vacation in July and August, plus they state that they have other projects going on right now.

So… that's the latest. They are engaged and intend to look in to it, but its going to take some time…

Bryan

Not to beat a dead horse, but you all should be aware this is their (NI) response to a receptor customer (me).

I wrote to them asking when they would fix the issue so that I could update my Komplete. The response isn't exactly helpful, and most assuredly passes the buck in a political fashion. Read below:

Thank you for contacting Native Instruments.

Please note that neither KOMPLETE 10 nor KONTAKT 5 require a fix.

We´re exclusively supporting current Mac and Windows operating systems, while the
Receptor is Linux based. As Muse Research is building their own installation files
to enable our software to run on their devices, please direct this question to
Muse Research.

If you have any more questions, please don´t hesitate to contact us directly via
this E-Mail.

Best regards
Andre, Native Instruments Support Team

--
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Schlesische Strasse 29-30
D-10997 Berlin, Germany
http://www.native-instruments.com/

So.... That happened...
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

I suppose given their size, this is not too surprising. The engineers are unlikely to go in to tech support and say "hey, we're working on this" and as I said before they told us it would likely be August before they could look at it. Well, here it is, its August, so hopefully they will come through for us (all).

Just so everyone knows the real facts here, we do not build ANY installation files for NI plugins. Those days are long past, we simply run their Windows executables, and therein lies the problem.

Bryan

So Bryan any movement on this yet?
Put in plenty of requests at NI, with the usual radio silence from their end.
Dirk

NI tells me that they will get to it "soon", Spectrasonics has two bugs they need to fix in their code that they said they would look at, and I've posted the answer to your AD2 question elsewhere.

Most people are happy with Komplete 9 and Omnisphere 1.5 for the time being, but believe me we realize the importance of Komplete 10 and Ominsphere 2 to our customers. We want this stuff to run probably more than you do, but we can only fix what we can fix, and at least these developers are willing to make a few changes to be compatible. Less so with AD2, since there are other programs that are arguably as good if not better.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan for your research and replies. If I could get K10 on my receptor at least I would have a few drum NI libraries to use, though for my purposes they are not even close to AD 2. But that could be just me and my needs.
Dirk

And just a reminder… if you own Komplete 10 now, you can run Komplete 9 in the meantime. Contact me if you need the cross grade SN (no charge).

Bryan

Wow that's a very generous offer, let me think about that. I had no idea that was even possible, the problem of course would be getting the installer media. I'll let you know if I want to fall back to that.
Instead I would really hope for NI to fix things soon. Seems like a lot of work to install and then remove.
Thanks,
Dirk

Bryan,
at this point getting the old installers is what's holding me back. I do appreciate the cross grade serial number offer, that's very nice.

So where do we stand on this issue?

Are we in a similar situation as we are with Omnisphere 2?
Thanks,
Dirk

Latest word from NI is that they ask everyone to be patient, but they have some projects that they are still finishing up before they can get to this issue.

Wish I had better news, but NI is in the driver's seat on this particular issue.

Bryan

Any update on this issue? I too would like to install Komplete 10 Ultimate on my receptors.

Thanks,
Gerry

Speaking of your crossgrade option...

If I purchase the upgrade to 10, and you give me the crossgrade to 9, will I also get access to those instruments no longer in the 'ultimate' version of 10; such as session horns?

cheers,

Brian
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Hi there!

I'm a new forum member and have enjoyed reading the forum comments.

I'm a potential new Receptor user. Looking into options at the minute. I would like to use Komplete 10 and Omisphere 2 as others have said. It's been a few months since the last post here and I wondered how things are looking for compatability with 10? I'm thinking of going for the qu4ttro with SSD.

Thanks! :)

Ed

Return to “Muse Research and Development”