Klanghelm MJUC and MJUC jr. released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

werp wrote:
4damind wrote:
Aloysius wrote:This last weekend I spent on a recording project together with my imaginary friends and I put MJUC on just about every track we recorded - this included various plucked instruments (toy guitar), kazoo - and it universally sounded shi*te to everyone.
:hihi:
Only soon to be plucked instruments I have would be The Spice Girls. 4 chickens that don't lay enough eggs anymore.
Also, nothing much left to pluck I'm afraid.

4damind wrote:The free version is not my cup of tea.. too much coloring and something with the highs I don't like. People said the Mk3 is the way to go and more transparent, punchy... maybe this Mk3 is the closest to a LA2A?
Yes, coloring is intense but to my ears much of the highs problem (not all, though) is gone with the latest ver.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I was noticing a low frequency spike introduced by MJUC Jr last night when run on a mid-high only synth patch... like, maybe a DC offset? Somewhere around 20Hz I think it was. Is this by design? Obviously, I could HPF it out later in the chain but, if it's always going to be like that, I'll just go back to Kotelnikov.

psmacmur wrote:I was noticing a low frequency spike introduced by MJUC Jr last night when run on a mid-high only synth patch... like, maybe a DC offset? Somewhere around 20Hz I think it was. Is this by design? Obviously, I could HPF it out later in the chain but, if it's always going to be like that, I'll just go back to Kotelnikov.
That's weird, what synth? I tried reproducing that with Massive and wasn't able to do so. (It wouldn't be DC offset if you're seeing a low frequency spike at 20 Hz...) Did you have an LFO active on the synth?

Also nothing like this with Spire. No additional spikes ther

Oh hi, I totally forgot to follow up on this. Synth is OR2v, for this month's OSC. I didn't think of the DC offset being the synth's fault, since it isn't visible without MJUC Jr. Now that you mention it though, the DC offset is probably just too small to register on the meter when uncompressed. I used MJUC Jr, with Charlatan last month and didn't notice it, so I'll blame the synth for now & just filter it. Cheers!

The MK1 version works good on the bass, it preserves a bit better the low-end compared to the Slate VMR (FG-116). Because there is so much colouring it doesn't need an additional "fattener" ;)
For sounds on a group/mix/master, the MK3 works for me the best. I replaced "the Glue" with the MK3 version.
On drums the Mk2 works good.. it's not too much colouring but a bit more "analog dust" as the Mk3.

I tried it on a (not finished) track. It's on the bass, overheads, all subgroups (Drums, Leads), Guitar. So... 5 instances. The rest is Slate VMR, VBC, VTM...

Btw. Tony was very quick. Only some minutes after the purchase I had the mail in my box to access the user area :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/cloud-k ... ss/s-RxGZz

How many people are using this on the master bus?

^ fifteen
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Rofl. I didn't realize how stupid of a question that was. Ok let me rephrase " IS ANYONE USING THIS ON THE MASTER BUS?"

Aye. Me. Actually I'm working on electronic music projects and this compressor (MK3) is pure magic that give that magic "thing" not forgetting about drive parameter which is simply amazing :)
Didn't tested on my OST/acoustic stuff yet but i think that it gonna be superior tool too

Btw. Amazing job Klanghelm! Thanks to you my workflow is much easier now and results are much more better :tu:

yes, I do and I'm happy with it :) But I'm changing compression/saturation/colouring on the 2-bus depending on the song. Ah, I do acoustic singer/songwriter stuff and some pop/rock things.

Clean MK3 with 6 dB compression on electronic music, gives it a nice glue.
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:Clean MK3 with 6 dB compression on electronic music, gives it a nice glue.
Would love to get some good starting preset points for electronic music (im lazy)...it's a great plugin!

MFXxx wrote:
lesha wrote:Clean MK3 with 6 dB compression on electronic music, gives it a nice glue.
Would love to get some good starting preset points for electronic music (im lazy)...it's a great plugin!
You can already start by using built-in presets :wink:
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”