U-he ACE - 'Eclectic Electronica' released. 100 patches. Intro price only $5.95! (Demo now online)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Audio Demo: (by Jeroen Bax: http://www.concreteplastic.co.uk/artists/exm/ )
http://xenossoundworks.com/resources/ACE+EE+Demo.mp3

'Eclectic Electronia' contains 100 presets for U-he ACE, which are highly useful across a broad range of musical genres. The patches are organized into the following subfolders:

'Neo-Retro Electronica...42 Leads, Basses, Pads and Synths
'Signatures v1.5.........35 Leads, Basses, Pads and Synths (a mix of various musical styles)
'Deep Dubtronica'........13 Basses
'Horror and Sci Fi.......10 Pads and Soundscapes

Product Page:
http://xenossoundworks.com/ace.html

About the Producer:

Bryan "Xenos" Lee has worked as a sound designer for such companies as Native Instruments, Cakewalk, U-he, Camel Audio, Rob Papen, Tone2 and many more. He is also actively developing his own soundware brand, Xenos Soundworks.

Video Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plFwF0HDiwc

Patch List

Neo-Retro Electronica

BA 2087
BA Buzzy Edge
BA Classic Funk
BA Deep Square
BA Digiwave
BA Modular FM
BA Pleasingly Plump
BA Soft Digital Wave
BA Wide Hybrid Bass
BA Wisdom of Age
BA Zap Bass
BR Soft Brass
BR Soulful Horns
CH Classic Deep House
CH Dark Swells
DR Cyber Congas
FX Sweeping Lazers
KB Modular Rhodes
LD Ace of Hearts
LD All Vox No Cables
LD Bit Crushed
LD Blissful Nostalgia
LD Delicate Touch
LD Fat Rock Solo
LD Firestorm
LD Gangsta Funk
LD Nu Retro Supersaw
LD OG Style
LD Purple Velvet
LD Slo Mo Vox
LD Squidward
LD Use Aftertouch
PD Dirty Crystals
PD Emotion Pad
PD Groove One
PD Pretty Pad
PD Sparkling Gems
PL Analog Harp
PL Blue Rose
PL Double Plucked
PL Ephem
PL Snappy Plucks
PL Summer Sunrise

Signatures v1.5

BA Ace Of Bace
BA Bit Of Shine
BA Darkside Reese
BA Dubstep Bass
BA Funky Attack
BA Little Phatty
BA Orange Bass
BA Parellel Lines
BA Plastic
BA Rawrgh!
BA Swell Square
BA Timeless Hip Hop
BL Sweet Bells
FX Chaos Lasers
LD Beautiful Pulse
LD Circuit Bent Modular
LD Classic Hip Hop
LD Classic Rave Stabs
LD Corrosive Sync
LD Dancey
LD Dusty Oscillator
LD FM Lead
LD Hard Buzzer
LD PolyChips
LD Psytrance
LD SID Chip 5ths
LD Sylophone On Steroids
LD Techwave
PD Apocalypse
PD Custard Pad
PD Ghostly Mists
PD String Machine
PL Antarctican Ruins
PL DX Polysynth
TG ACE Does Trancegates!

Deep Dubtronica

BA Bent Hits
BA Dark Dub Bass 1
BA Dark Dub Bass 2
SUB 8-Bit Inspiration
SUB Bell Tone
SUB Dark Dub Sub
SUB Detuned Sub
SUB Natural Sub
SUB Subs and Bee Swarms
WB Brostep Wobble
WB Hornet Nest
WB Wob Wobs 1
WB Wob Wobs 2

Horror and Sci-Fi

AT Information Theory
AT Pluto's Heart
AT Singing Tunnels
AT Surrealist Automation
AT Third Eye Lobotomy
FX Quantum Dust Storm
PD Abandoned Asylum
PD Forboding Atmosphere
PD Galaxy Class Starship
PD Psy Fy Channel
PD Pulsar Cluster

* If you purchased the 'Signatures' set in the past, but did not receive an update email, please contact me with proof of purchase to receive 'Eclectic Electronica' FREE.
Last edited by Xenos on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

You seem to be making your way through all the Uhe synths. I guess we can expect Zebra and Diva next? ^^

Retro seems to be the theme which is a great idea for Ace ^^.

You read my mind lol :). I definitely want to get back to those synths and put out some new stuff. Especially Zebra lol. Looking back at old work from past days, it's clear I've improved a lot over the last few years. Should definitely be able to kick some serious butt with Zebra.

OK, guys, if you purchased the Signatures set in the past, but did not get an update email, PLEASE CONTACT ME to get 'Eclectic Electronica' for FREE. I think you'll be very pleased with your new version. 65 more patches than the original, and the original sounds have all been revamped.

That's cool, man ^^.

It's good timing anyway, considering how much I'm using Diva now. Hive remains my main workhouse, but I supplement it with Diva for some analog glory. NI Razor is also getting great millage since it excels at digital sounds. I've grown to use multiple synths and play to their strengths rather than trying to just use one for everything~ :).

Great soundset for A.C.E.
I really love the Dark feel of this package. It is getting everything out of A.C.E! Some crunchy and smooth basses, awesome lead sounds and great atmo's!

Had fun working on the Demo for sure!

Sounddemo is up on SC as well:

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/xeno ... o-demo-exm

@exmatproton: The first demo is very prog - like it!

Howard wrote:@exmatproton: The first demo is very prog - like it!
Thnx Howard. :tu:

Xenos,
ACE may not be my favorite u-he synth, but you got some cool sounds going!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I'm sorry if this isn't how it usually goes (or if it goes at all), but could we make suggestions on future soundbanks Xenos? :)

Shiek927 wrote:I'm sorry if this isn't how it usually goes (or if it goes at all), but could we make suggestions on future soundbanks Xenos? :)
Sure :). Suggestions are always helpful.

Well, I'm looking once more at u-he Hive :).

The thousands of factory presets are fantastic. Great cinematic stuff thanks especially to Howard Scarr and Kevin Schroeder. Plenty of Trance (especially with Aiyn Zahev making a bank with a focus on Psy and Trance) and House, especially now with Plughugger's bank tailored for Progressive styles (which is important since they aren't the same thing! super happy to recently purchase it :3). Urban styles are also well covered thanks to you and your 'Future Retro' bank which has got some really nice stuff :3.

That's when I realized: Pop music! Hive has a great sound for it (especially a Euro sound. Joseph Hollo's bells sound great!), but there's not really anything for Dance Pop. I'm thinking of contemporary music like Avicii, Kylie Minogue, Lady Gaga...banks for music like that often gets lost underneath all the Trance.

Another example might actually be Chiptune, believe it or not. Hive has a fantastic bitcrusher in it's distortion and the few presets that use it really are impressive (check out the preset "AZ Dolphon"!) it's a shame there isn't currently more because a producer could probably make a very good 8-bit style track with Hive!

Of course, there's so much more out there that could be done (all things Electro! Electro-House/Swing, Moombhaton, Complextro, etc), which is why I'm kind of hoping more sound-designers take notice of Hive. For the moment, Pop and Chiptune are what come to mind and I feel that Hive could pull off very well :3.

Shiek927 wrote:Well, I'm looking once more at u-he Hive :).

The thousands of factory presets are fantastic. Great cinematic stuff thanks especially to Howard Scarr and Kevin Schroeder. Plenty of Trance (especially with Aiyn Zahev making a bank with a focus on Psy and Trance) and House, especially now with Plughugger's bank tailored for Progressive styles (which is important since they aren't the same thing! super happy to recently purchase it :3). Urban styles are also well covered thanks to you and your 'Future Retro' bank which has got some really nice stuff :3.

That's when I realized: Pop music! Hive has a great sound for it (especially a Euro sound. Joseph Hollo's bells sound great!), but there's not really anything for Dance Pop. I'm thinking of contemporary music like Avicii, Kylie Minogue, Lady Gaga...banks for music like that often gets lost underneath all the Trance.

Another example might actually be Chiptune, believe it or not. Hive has a fantastic bitcrusher in it's distortion and the few presets that use it really are impressive (check out ! it's a shame there isn't currently more because a producer could probably make a very good 8-bit style track with Hive!

Of course, there's so much more out there that could be done (all things Electro! Electro-House/Swing, Moombhaton, Complextro, etc), which is why I'm kind of hoping more sound-designers take notice of Hive. For the moment, Pop and Chiptune are what come to mind and I feel that Hive could pull off very well :3.

Everything i did find in the already huge library of Hive, was able to get into your called genres. Something i really mis (in most synths btw), are "real" genuine IDM patches. I mean early, mid and late 90's IDM. Not the now popular glitch IDM. I mean the real Autechre and Squarepusher patches. Maybe even Aphex Twin...

exmatproton wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Well, I'm looking once more at u-he Hive :).

Another example might actually be Chiptune, believe it or not. Hive has a fantastic bitcrusher in it's distortion and the few presets that use it really are impressive (check out ! it's a shame there isn't currently more because a producer could probably make a very good 8-bit style track with Hive!

Everything i did find in the already huge library of Hive, was able to get into your called genres. Something i really mis (in most synths btw), are "real" genuine IDM patches. I mean early, mid and late 90's IDM. Not the now popular glitch IDM. I mean the real Autechre and Squarepusher patches. Maybe even Aphex Twin...
Really? I'm not finding a whole lot of chippy stuff, for example. Still, there's a lot to sift through and creativity can get you far. Hollo's bells, like before, can be wonderful for dance music even if they are more ambient by nature :).

Hive could probably do good IDM thanks to that bitcrusher. No need to use any third-party plugins :).

Return to “u-he”