Studio One 3 Prime is Free today

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://shop.presonus.com/products/stud ... ne-3-Prime

I don't know anything about it. Probably no vst support.

Ugh well I feel dumb. I think it's always free. They were billing it as one-day only? Huh.

arkmabat wrote:<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://shop.presonus.com/products/stud ... rime</span>

I don't know anything about it. Probably no vst support.
Nope: http://studioone.presonus.com/compare-versions

Dunno what Presonus has against VST to not implement it in Prime AND Artist. :) IMO it's a bit of a joke. Even Cubase LE or Ableton Live Lite have VST support, wth.

Wow

1 included instrument and no VST support. Maybe it will appeal to those looking for a minimal aesthetic :hihi:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Please note if your coming from another DAW and you have the Professional or Suite version of that DAW you should probably check out the Studio One 3 Pro demo over the limited Prime version. The prime version is made for beginners who are looking to learn the basics of recording.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Voice303 wrote:1 included instrument and no VST support. Maybe it will appeal to those looking for a minimal aesthetic :hihi:
:lol:
No auto tune...

Voice303 wrote:1 included instrument and no VST support. Maybe it will appeal to those looking for a minimal aesthetic :hihi:
I thought I read somewhere if you order the boxed version (for a small fee) you get a plastic spoon and an empty oatmeal container in the package. Nice deal if true.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Maybe it will work without crashing. Thanks for the tip. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Plugins and options? What's in v2 Free that's not in V3 Prime?

LawrenceF wrote:Plugins and options? What's in v2 Free that's not in V3 Prime?
Impact with no vst support is an important plugin...

but who really cares about free when we have bought Pro or Artist. the question is why we need a free version if everything new isn't avialable??

LawrenceF wrote:
unfiltered noise wrote:What do you expect for free? Look at Avid and their 3 session limit in the cloud, give me a break about complaints. If you don't want the restrictions then pay for it. Consider it more of a beginner type demo process that helps get them started for nothing. Try looking at the half cup another way.
It's the KVR Host Forum. First rule of fight club... "Complain about everything, even stuff you don't actually need." :hihi:
True and True!

These lite versions, as ridiculous as they may seem to a seasoned user... Keep in mind they're probably not designed for you!

I remember getting Live Lite. I picked up a CM Special magazine that just happened to have been dedicated to Live at that same time and it was exactly what I needed to get started... Once I hit its limits I bought the full version. Great marketing plan if you ask me! :hihi:

I'm sure other people just getting started do not need all the features of Studio One 3 professional just yet.

Scottex wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:Plugins and options? What's in v2 Free that's not in V3 Prime?
Impact with no vst support is an important plugin...
Not understanding. Is Impact in Free v2 different from Impact in v3 Prime? You said Free v2 had "more plugs and options" and i was only asking what you were talking about exactly', not seeking an argument.

Or are you saying that Impact came with Free v2 but it doesn't with Prime?

It was more a humorous commentary on the free version rather than a complaint. I am not in the target market for this kind of product obviously :)

It may actually be very capable from a tracking standpoint rather than a instruments in the box standpoint, I personally wouldn't know as I am not very familiar with Studio One.

But hey, whatever gets me through the workday :lol:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

You can use Soundfonts (add your Soundfonts Folder in Preferences)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”