One Synth Challenge #78: Elektrostudio OR2v (Meakaale Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taron wrote:
What's your setup, ere2learn, if I may ask?
win7,asio4all v2,reaper 4.77

https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/zerof ... conscience
10 instances of OR2v in FL Studio 12
Effects: Fruity Limiter, Fruity Reeverb 2

In my opinion, the best thing about this track is the way I made that kick; I just used a resonance filter.

Ive brobably missed something out in terms of actually announcing this here hahaha dontkillme
It's very tasty, I swear!

If someone needs help with the gui, try this manual of the original hardware synth. Got my questions answered with this

http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Oberheim/ ... Manual.pdf

Good find,must check that out,thanks

must try there something. good find.

@bjporter: thank odin you put not helm, hope this one will be stable at some point, that we can do an OSC with it too.

Wow, this thing gives one hell of a deep kick! So far i dig this synth, only a shame i can't seem to automate all the envelopes...

My plan this month is to make everything from scratch, using not one single effect whatsoever, only pure sounds from the synth itself. :)

Aww man, I was looking forward to coming back here after having to skip last month, but I too am having problems with this one.
I got all the elektrostudio plugins a while back but only tried a few so far, and those worked fine, but with this I'm getting similar problems to the ones Taron is having, plus hanging notes I can't seem to turn off unless I remove the plugin from the project.
I also got the impression this isn't ready for use, I haven't had problems with any of the OSC synths I've used yet, and haven't had to freeze tracks or anything, but now I'm getting all this with one instance.
I'm gonna try to see if I can make it work somehow, cause it does seem like a pretty interesting synth, but right now it's not looking good for me :(

actioncat wrote:Aww man, I was looking forward to coming back here after having to skip last month, but I too am having problems with this one.
I got all the elektrostudio plugins a while back but only tried a few so far, and those worked fine, but with this I'm getting similar problems to the ones Taron is having, plus hanging notes I can't seem to turn off unless I remove the plugin from the project.
I also got the impression this isn't ready for use, I haven't had problems with any of the OSC synths I've used yet, and haven't had to freeze tracks or anything, but now I'm getting all this with one instance.
I'm gonna try to see if I can make it work somehow, cause it does seem like a pretty interesting synth, but right now it's not looking good for me :(
Cat, is this thing isn't ready for use, it's never been. The developer hasn't touched this thing since Dec 2013. His email has been taken off the web site and I honestly don't even know if he's actively around anymore.

Shame, because I really love this synth but it's a little buggy on 64 bit machines.

I haven't decided yet but I may skip this month as much as I enjoy programming this thing. I don't think my DAW can handle multiple instances without freezing every track and I just don't want to go down that road again after the hell of a time I had with EVO.

wagtunes wrote:
actioncat wrote:Aww man, I was looking forward to coming back here after having to skip last month, but I too am having problems with this one.
Cat, is this thing isn't ready for use, it's never been. The developer hasn't touched this thing since Dec 2013. His email has been taken off the web site and I honestly don't even know if he's actively around anymore.

Shame, because I really love this synth but it's a little buggy on 64 bit machines.

I haven't decided yet but I may skip this month as much as I enjoy programming this thing. I don't think my DAW can handle multiple instances without freezing every track and I just don't want to go down that road again after the hell of a time I had with EVO.
I tried my best to get mine done. though, I wish I could've tried more. but I went through the creation of my track in constant worry of crashing my program. I've never saved a project so much so often XD
It's very tasty, I swear!

wagtunes wrote:
actioncat wrote: Shame, because I really love this synth but it's a little buggy on 64 bit machines.
That's it in a nutshell. It's one of those "challenge" synths. In 32-bit Studio One, its going OK, only a couple instances of stuck notes so far. One was my fault for turning off the VCA... what an unusual feature... the other one required power-cycling my laptop it was so boned. :x May have to turn off ASIO at some point... but then I might wind up with the high latency I was seeing on the tablet. Still, this synth sounds SO GOOD... :hyper:

You guys with talent and technical difficulties should all give up RIGHT NOW. Give us bottom halvers who don't mind rebooting every now and then a chance (rebooting's one thing Windows 8 is good at :borg: ). Definitely don't trial a 32-bit build of Reaper or Studio One for a month, just to enjoy cheap analog glory. Thanks! :clown:

:lol: ...lemonade! :lol:
Nah, for reals, the synth does sound pretty. I wanted to do a collaboration this month with my dearest friend, who's a brilliant musician and we've been waiting for a good reason to jam again, but this synth may throw a wrench into those plans. MAYBE, though, we'll try anyway... I'll throw a number of :tantrum: though, but we shall see!

I'm on 32 bit Renoise currently with 14 instances running and hasn't encountered any problems yet, this thing is really nice to work with and i love its gritty sound, so crisp and fresh. :)

man, this thing gives me atleast 200 error messages (literally) in orion and studio one.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

22 instances in Renoise, about 40% CPU, that is with a lot of automation, not one single problem so far. Looks like i've done the right choice of DAW for this. :)
One thing that bothers me a bit is that i'm not able to automate the right module, so that limits my possibilities, but it's not that bad.

Not one single effect or DSP of any kind used, only meta devices like LFOs, Key Trackers and Hydras to automate the synth parameters. Well, i couldn't seem to be able to externally control the units volume, so i gave myself the permission to automate the DAW mixer volume instead. It's work in progress, so it will probably work some more on it this month. Any suggestion or comment is welcome! :)
This should be played loud:

https://soundcloud.com/thebellows/thebe ... anik-osc78

So far it seems to work in linux mint with kxstudio repos.

Struggling to make a kick with this thing.
Can anyone give me some pointers ?
With charlaton I used two triangle waves which somehow made a sine wave, and used the pitch envelope as I have seen done in other synths.

I can't get a deep enough pitch envelope. Am I missing something ?

Return to “Instruments”