Spectron - running out of hosts that support it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK just found another host that refuses to load Spectron - Studio One 3 - it hangs the scanner. I think I'm running out of hosts that support it (on Mac at least). This sucks - doesn't seem that long since Izotope ditched it and already it's becoming unusable.

What works and what doesn't?

Spectron in OSX Ableton Live (32bit) works.

How long before I am reading this about Alchemy? :(

can't use a wrapper ? ... thought you were a fan of kore ?

It doesn't work properly in Kore either and I haven't had any joy with JBridge.

Ditch Spectron and go with Obelisk. Fortunately, it's still supported on OSX 64-bit. :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I have thought about that.

Ironically the much older and much longer discontinued NI Spectral Delay still works pretty well (even though I originally bought Spectron to eventually replace Spectral Delay :lol:), as in fact does my precious Kore. NI evidently built stuff to last better than Izotope - which also means I am more concerned about Iris than I am Alchemy.

ah... forget about it, thought this topic was about the plugin scanner that's implemented in ozone :oops:

It runs under Live 9.2 (64bit) on 10.10.4 under 32 Lives - or at least it does on this machine, a 2009 Mac Pro.

Isn't there a 64 bit version of Spectron in v. 1.14b?

I think Izotope ditched Spectron before releasing any 64bit... I think.

I just tried the installer and there is a Windows version in 64 bit - not sure about Mac.

bharris22 wrote:Isn't there a 64 bit version of Spectron in v. 1.14b?
Don't think so - at least not on Mac. Reaper tries to load it as a bridged plugin - which suggests it's 32 bit - but it doesn't work right even then, and Bitwig refuses to even scan it. I don't know what Izotope did (or didn't do) to make it perform so badly after just a few years when I have much older plugins on my system that still work fine.

OK so I have been through all my hosts that still have 32 bit compatibility and it looks like the only one that loads it reliably and without graphics glitches is Plogue Bidule - as usual Bidule manages what most other hosts can't. So at least I have that.

Sigh. I loved Spectron.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Return to “Effects”