[Acidline] Choices

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's much better. There's a definate difference and the latest version is so light it's shocking (facepalm moment my end).

What did use out of interest? I think this is more a lesson in mastering for me than the initial production side, possibly.

New Mix posted. Went back to the original stems and cleaned up. Revisited all parts, levels, eq etc.
...moving on...done for now! :)

MFXxx wrote:New Mix posted. Went back to the original stems and cleaned up. Revisited all parts, levels, eq etc.
...moving on...done for now! :)
big BIG improvement. once you get a protocol down its nothin but smooth sailing from there on.. good job! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It's really taught me a lesson on focusing on all levels of a track.
Key points on this outing
1. Parametric eq on the master ... huge impact on the overall sound, tonal quality and volume of the mix. Need to understand if this is essential or merely compensating for poor original sum of the parts.
2. Aside from some individual eq on the stems. The key was also focusing on the individual track levels. I found that slates trim worked wonders preceding vcc in VMR.
3. You cant polish a turd! There's some really bad sound clashes in this mix! Can't help but think the x0xb0x is out of tune although this may simply be the cutoff and decay adjustments...not sure.

Thanks for your help, time and bearing with me. Very educative this end in revisiting the process of the track.

I can't comment on the original mix, 'cos I didn't hear it, but I would suggest that if you feel that you have to make large EQ adjustments (more than 2dB - parametric or otherwise), it's probably best to revisit the original mix channels and sort out any problems in there.

As far as the music goes, I enjoyed it. It had a very original sound/style to my ears. On my third listen now.

Good work :)

Thanks seismic. Appreciated. Yep went ground zero in the end and re listened to all the parts as done some processing pre original Mixdown. . Still not entirely happy with the xoxbox sound. But moving on for now ;) may revisit some other time.
Thanks for listening in

Return to “Music Cafe”