Bias FX.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have to agree with Evil Dragon here. now, i'm not teaching anyone guitar, but i find BIAS to be overhyped and overpriced for what it offers. i won't go as far as to say that it's objectively worse than anything else, but i certainly like S-Gear, Recabinet 4, Revalver 4 and Amplitube 3 (not the default gear, mind you, but the more recent stuff) way better than BIAS FX. i can't say BIAS sounds bad, but i find the other options better and easier to work with. plus, the GUI is atrocious (or was, upon release? haven't tried BIAS in a while).

that said, i haven't yet tried the BIAS FX, so maybe i'll change my mind. although that's highly unlikely as i'm fully stocked with amps and am satisfied with my current sounds. the only amp i wish to get is the brainworx Chandler. now that is one great amp IMO.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Ultrasonic wrote: The usual response i get is "wow that sounds killer"
Sold!

xphen0m wrote:From reading many posts from various forums, there is no upgrade price (or at least not a "feasible" one) for people going from Bias to Bias FX. A lot of people are really upset over that. This is why I'm asking about going from FX Desktop to FX Pro.
Wow! If that's true, that's inexcusably dumb.

Also, you can't demo any of the Bias FX Professional-only devices; they're all greyed out and unusable in the demo. And I'm mainly interested in the Professional-only devices.

If you want $199 from me, you've got to let me try everything.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Yep, needs refining from desktop users. It's no good to just port over an iPad app with no consideration for a completely different user base.

I might gamble on a 20/30 quid app, but to ask people to do it with 199 is not good business.

Well, they finally answered my question: Yes, there's a discounted price when going from FX Desktop to Pro. $99 for Desktop, another $99 for Pro. Doesn't matter now as I'll have some spare cash soon and am buying FX Pro.

i have to agree with Evil Dragon here. now, i'm not teaching anyone guitar, but i find BIAS to be overhyped and overpriced for what it offers. i won't go as far as to say that it's objectively worse than anything else, but i certainly like S-Gear, Recabinet 4, Revalver 4 and Amplitube 3 (not the default gear, mind you, but the more recent stuff) way better than BIAS FX. i can't say BIAS sounds bad, but i find the other options better and easier to work with. plus, the GUI is atrocious (or was, upon release? haven't tried BIAS in a while).

that said, i haven't yet tried the BIAS FX, so maybe i'll change my mind. although that's highly unlikely as i'm fully stocked with amps and am satisfied with my current sounds. the only amp i wish to get is the brainworx Chandler. now that is one great amp IMO.
I agree the, GUI is the worst of it...but if you typically know how an amp is set up its a breeze. Guys that understand a little bit about how an amp works always have better tone than the ones that dont.

36 different amp sounds, that are about as far apart from one another as it can get, with tweakble amp design, selectable cabs, selectable mics, for $74 is not really overpriced.....i payed $30 alone for IK's Engl Powerball....no cabs. just a head.

Sgear sounds good but there are too many amp sounds i CANT get from it, and on top of that im paying for FX i already own...all this for what? 60% 70% more money? Believe me, bias is not over priced. Its all in what you want.

Personal preference, nothing else.
Oh are you sure? Because last you talked, i was wrong and you were "right"
WTF are you on about? Whoever mentioned Celtic Frost (I'm totally not into them).
You love them more than anything...When i look at your avatar, i just laugh and think "wow somebody needs to stay away from mommys eyeliner drawer and ease up on the Venom records".
My point is that those that I mentioned simply SOUND and RESPOND BETTER than Bias. They feel more alive and organic. That's it.
Youre commenting on a program you dont have.What you are saying is grasping for straws. Its just inaccurate.

careyletendre wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote: The usual response i get is "wow that sounds killer"
Sold!
Please stop talking when grown men are having a conversation.
There ya have it...

Ultrasonic, can you NOT sound rude and condescending for once?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:Ultrasonic, can you NOT sound rude and condescending for once?
Do unto others as they do to you brother.
There ya have it...

Ultrasonic wrote:You love them more than anything...When i look at your avatar, i just laugh and think "wow somebody needs to stay away from mommys eyeliner drawer and ease up on the Venom records".
Wow, prejudice, prejudice.

I've never even f**king heard them.

Here, just for you, this is how I look today: LINK
Ultrasonic wrote:Youre commenting on a program you dont have.What you are saying is grasping for straws. Its just inaccurate.
Again, bullshit. I have gone through the demo. I was unimpressed. Recabinet 4 is much better, period.

EvilDragon wrote:I've never even f**king heard them.
WHAAA...????

:cry:

EDIT: : :
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2005/08/y ... in_pr.html

EvilDragon wrote:
Again, bullshit. I have gone through the demo. I was unimpressed. Recabinet 4 is much better, period.

Its your way or no way at all i guess...."Going thru the demo" doesnt mean you know how to use it...and judging by the amount of time you spend on internet forums, trying to tell everyone how your opinion is the the only one that matters, you dont! Im starting to see that this is just more about you wanting to be the one thats right.

Again, i wouldnt expend the energy on one mouse click worrying about "how you look today". I see your avatar and snicker...but hey if i ever want to start a Bathory tribute band, youre my guy :lol:
There ya have it...

Also unimpressed by BIAS after trying to demo. The effects are okay, but the amps all sound like variations on a theme, rather than discrete models. I beta tested BIAS Amp, and got the Pro version for free as a result, but never use it.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Ultrasonic wrote:"Going thru the demo" doesnt mean you know how to use it...
Conjencture.
Ultrasonic wrote:and judging by the amount of time you spend on internet forums, trying to tell everyone how your opinion is the the only one that matters, you dont!
Even more conjencture.

My point is that those that I mentioned simply SOUND and RESPOND BETTER than Bias.
Ninjecture...duhhhh
They feel more alive and organic.
Ninjecture...duhhh

Yep...Make sure you visit ALL of the threads discussing products you dont own.....or care to use...aka troll away Evil Dragqueen.
There ya have it...

So now you're resorting to ad hominem. Reported.

Return to “Effects”