Ladies: Articulation Question

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have three instances of Kontakt loaded with Julie in two of them and Toni in the other.

I have Mm Oo loaded in each as articulations without any keyswitches defined or active.

I'm playing chords on my midi controller which feeds into a pattern in Nora which then feeds into the Ladies.

Even though I only have Mm and Oo samples loaded via purge/load, I swear I'm hearing Ahs also.

Is there a possibility that the Ah samples are somehow being triggered?

It sounds good; just wondering if it's a bug or what.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wow, that's pretty strange. My guess is that a keyswitch has "ah" on it and is getting played somehow. Can you narrow down what circumstances cause an ah to sound? For instance, if you stick with either just oo or just mm, will ah sound?

Hi Mike; will check and let you know.

It's still occurring when I play back the snippet; however, it triggers the ah somehow if I play from the beginning but doesn't trigger it if I start play after the beginning. It doesn't really make sense why/how it happens, but if no one else has a problem with it, I guess it's not a bug. If I discover what's really behind it, will post back.

I saved the sequence as a midi file and imported into a new song with same settings as far as I could tell; there was no ah sound in the new song.

Ghost in the machine! :D

I've had weird things like that happen before. I remember a string track where the volume would go to almost silence at a certain bar. I checked and double-checked and triple-checked and quadruple-checked and there was NO controller info there. None. I muted all the other tracks, so they couldn't cause it, either. Still kept getting the errant volume shift.

Finally, I copied all the tracks, including the problem track (without changing it), into a new session. Problem disappeared. I have no idea why.

interesting...

I'll probably continue to try and find out what caused it.

Return to “Realitone”