Version 3 beta is out: is Linux still supported ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to all of you,

As stated on the title: is Linux still supported by energyXT ? If so: why still no version 3 beta ?

Mau65 wrote:...why still no version 3 beta ?
Surely you are a Linux user like myself an understand the incredible nightmare that is Linux Audio, let alone all the horrible fragmentation in the Linux ecosystem. Version 3 will be the long-awaited multi-core release and I'm sure this is no easy task. On top of that, there are a few serious bugs in the Linux version, specifically the way XT interfaces with JACK. My guess is that there is much more code that needs to be rewritten and tested compared the the other three versions (Win/Mac/iOS). Feature-wise, v3 won't be a whole lot different than v2.7, so I'm more than happy to wait patiently for the new release since it will probably fix a lot of bugs.

Hi djvision and thank for your input ;-)

What can we say ? Personally, I'd like to use energyXT in Ubuntu 64-bit, which is almost impossible at present and if version 3 would lead, in addition to multi-core support, this feature, this would be really a great thing!
Let's keep hoping to "try" to make music with Linux anyway !!!

I don't know about the version 3 beta yet, but version 2.7 for Windows works pretty on Ubuntu Studio Linux v14.04.3 with Wine v1.7.44 ...
I tried the Linux version and it seems that the Windows versionn on Wine is better than the Linux version. It's encouraging in a backhanded kind of way.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

Return to “energyXT”