Feature Requests

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks!

I hope it come soon, the sooner it come, the sooner i buy Nora and you get more money. ;-). As i show, use down bends is not important for me, it is also ok, if no direct pitch bend is support, because sample tank and other is able to map controller 1 to pitch too. if controller number can set for two controller sequences in a pattern, filter can use too. and with 2 controller in a pattern, it is most used possible. to use bend+wah wah control, or use bend+cutoff or maybe use cutoff+reso
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

i still hope NORA doesn't succumb eventually to feature bloat..

i need stability over features (beyond basic functionality and ease).

not saying NORA is unstable! :D
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Feature bloat is one of my main concerns. I've seen a lot of programs ruined for bloating them, and do not focusing in what really matters - like the DAW I was using before starting the Nora development. I'm using an obsolote 2002 version of it (fortunately I have copies of all versions).

The most of the changes I'm doing are to accelerate the usage speed, and reducing wherever is possible the amount of UI controls. However, there are new features, and switching all of them on at the same time request more (ineludible) amount of UI elements. My idea is: you decide what you want to use. What you dont want, it won't be visible. Other features are "setup and forget", and only if you want, like the preferences window. And of course there is some parts that may have an extra button or similar, like a generator or mutator, or, again, the preferences window.

I think nexussynth want say that he want all features stable working instead of add more and more features that work with quircks or bugs or used features do not work perfect. Nora have the switch to hide playlist and pattern. so it can do with other features too. possible of hide GUI elements.

I think add pitch/controller is not much work for nora, because the volume level GUI area for notes can use to set controller value too. there can in options add a switch "enable controller support". this then show, 3 buttons above the volume sliders. volume is the default. then 1 button for ctrl1 ctrl2 or maybe ctrl 3. and in options can choose what controller number ctrl1 ctrl2 ctrl3 have. important is only that the nora design have enough room to store the extra data in the presets and songs and hopefully work with old presets too.

I think volume data is store with such simular code. sliderlevel(step)= guilevel. to add support for ctrl there need add additional

If (mode=ctrl1)ctrl1sliderlevel(step) = guislider
if (mode=ctrl2)ctrl2sliderlevel(step) = guislider
if (mode=volume)sliderlevel(step)= guislider (thats old mode)

Well, in fact it's a big amount of work. The implementation is not only at GUI level, but data level and MIDI level. And you have to think in situations like, what does happens when the user is zooming out hard, or, how should it behave when the user does a phantom copy between tracks, or what should happens with different snap settings. There are a miriad of details, but it's my work and I've done more difficult things in Nora :)

And yes, my idea is doing it in the way you are suggesting, a button for each lane. But more flexible without overdo the gui at all, and taking advantage from other existant modules.

I think with zoom and snap all can work in same way as the velocitiy values. only that there need for every step a gui CTRL value slider need draw, so the user can change it in every step, when he like. And for the copy and paste commands ctrl steps need copy and paste too, same with the phantom copies.

Yes, everything must be as coherent with the already existant behaviors, I'm totally agree.

Pattern mode drag and drop from Browser: I would like to be able to either single click or double click a browser pattern in order to load it into the pattern editor instead of drag and drop. Is this possible?

It's not possible load a sequence directly on the pattern editor (or playlist) with a double click on the browser, and the reason is: which slot should be filled with it?

However, it will be possible load it in the phrase editor double clicking from the browser.

squaredheads wrote:It's not possible load a sequence directly on the pattern editor (or playlist) with a double click on the browser, and the reason is: which slot should be filled with it?

However, it will be possible load it in the phrase editor double clicking from the browser.
Thanks Juan, that is what I meant to say: "phrase editor."

I think of phrases as patterns, so the name of the Pattern Editor section was a little confusing for me.

Something like "Live Play" or "Live Mode" editor or "Track Orderer" or "Arranger" might make it less confusing if that is what the Pattern Editor is mainly used for. I know that in/out config for tracks is also contained in the Pattern Editor. I probably need to read more about it in the manual since I mainly use the phrase editor and playlist to compose.

I think switching between Pattern Mode (Phrase Editor) and Playlist Mode made me associate the Phrase editor with "Pattern" Mode editing.

Please disregard my understanding of it if it's too confusing. I'm sure I'll get used to it if I use that section more. I don't play live anymore, so maybe all I need it for is the channels configuration.

Now that I understand the terminology better, it shouldn't be a problem.

I understand where the confusion is between names. I think I wasn't very brilliant the day I baptize it "Pattern Editor" :) I think I did it because the scene column didn't exist in the first prototype, and it had only one track.

However I didn't want to change it before to achieve a better consistency between minor versions. I will rename it to "Scene Editor".

Yes, I think that is good. Thanks for helping me understand it; I thought I might be on the wrong "track."

Hi,

what is the ETA for Nora 3 ?
I am waiting for the promised "unlimited tracks" feature.

Well, it can last a while. However you must know you are covered and I'm actively working on the product.

Return to “Squaredheads”