Fabfilter ProC 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote:I have almost all the FabFilter plugins with the exception of Saturn, MB and the gater... Am I the only person who thinks that €52 for the upgrade is a bit steep?
I know it's not fair to compare but I just purchased MJUC for €24.
Just saying!
Did you take a look at DC8C?
It's easy if you know how

MJUC is so last month...
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:MJUC is so last month...
This shit is hilarious. People were saying MJUC was the greatest compressor ever and now we got people saying it sucks compared to Pro-C2. Lololol

ckam03 wrote:
antithesist wrote:MJUC is so last month...
This shit is hilarious. People were saying MJUC was the greatest compressor ever and now we got people saying it sucks compared to Pro-C2. Lololol
it is kvr.. a large chunk of us are hobbyist consumers; this is entertainment not strictly art or a job/work.

So people collect and horde plugins like their pokemon... going from one to another after a period of becoming bored with one.

ckam03 wrote:People were saying MJUC was the greatest compressor ever and now we got people saying it sucks compared to Pro-C2.
MJUC it's a great product. But unusable for me CPU wise: MJUC 12%, Pro-C2 2-3% (even lower usage than Pro-C1).

MJUC for color, ProC 2 for everything else. :)

I was thinking sell, or trade C1 for Saturn, here in kvr soon. What a misstake that would have been. :dog:

I was thinking sell, or trade C1 for Saturn, here in kvr soon. What a misstake that would have been. :dog:

Sparky77 wrote:
foosnark wrote:$36.76 for the upgrade... and done. What, there's a demo or a video or something? Pshaw.
How is that?
Mine is double and I own most of FabFilters stuff.
Black magic. 8)

Seriously though, I dunno. I had One, a Timeless2/Twin2/Volcano2 bundle, and a Pro-L/Pro-C bundle. I might have had a survey credit too, but I don't think I had referral credits.

e@rs wrote:
ckam03 wrote:People were saying MJUC was the greatest compressor ever and now we got people saying it sucks compared to Pro-C2.
MJUC it's a great product. But unusable for me CPU wise: MJUC 12%, Pro-C2 2-3% (even lower usage than Pro-C1).
MJUC is definitely heavier on the CPU than most comps, but I get nowhere near those numbers in Reaper on my 4-year old i7 machine (with HQ, density and drive ON):
  • Mk 1: 1.6%
  • Mk 2: 1.2%
  • Mk 3: 1.3%
I believe the percentage is a little bit higher on my iMac i5 at home, but not much. How in the world is MJUC using 12% of a processor? I don't think I've ever used any plugin that was that CPU-hungry. I think Nebula has been the most "unusable" for me in that regard.

As far as Pro-C 2 goes, yes it is very CPU efficient. Once again on my i7 machine:
  • Non-Oversampling: 0.2%
  • 2x Oversampling: 0.6%
  • 4x Oversampling: 1.0%
Pro-C measures lower on my machine (stays at 0.1%) but the jump to 0.2% is worth it for me using Pro-C 2.

Nick

Hey folks,

I've been running some tests on the demo using a tone generator and a frequency analyzer and I'm afraid I am detecting some truly nasty digital artifacts here.

The only mode that seams to be clean is the Master mode. Classic mode is a mess.

I'm getting way cleaner results from Studio One's native compressor.

Is anyone willing to run some tests to see if we get similar results?

Cheers,

R.
Last edited by RafaelMorgan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RafaelMorgan wrote:Hey folks,

I've been running some tests on the demo using a tone generator and a frequency analyzer and I'm afraid I am detecting some nasty digital artifacts here.

I'm getting way cleaner results from Studio One's native compressor.

Is anyone willing to run some tests to see if we get similar results?

Cheers,

R.
We would need the details of your test methodology in order to be able to compare results. if you can explain your process in detail that would help.

plexuss wrote: We would need the details of your test methodology in order to be able to compare results. if you can explain your process in detail that would help.
Besides my own ears, I'm just sandwiching Pro C 2 between Studio One's native tone generator and spectrum analyzer (using the highest possible FFT resolution), experimenting with different tone frequencies, compressor ratios, attack/release times, etc...

I'm also comparing it to Studio One's native compressor, TDR Feeback Compressor II and ReaComp on similar settings, with much cleaner results from them. Will compare to other compressors later when I have the time. So far, TDR Feedback Compressor is the winner here, as the cleanest compressor I've ever tested.

My results may be wrong though. I'm not an expert in this kind of thing. It would be cool if someone else could run similar tests.

RafaelMorgan wrote:
plexuss wrote: We would need the details of your test methodology in order to be able to compare results. if you can explain your process in detail that would help.
Besides my own ears, I'm just sandwiching Pro C 2 between Studio One's native tone generator and spectrum analyzer (using the highest possible FFT resolution), experimenting with different tone frequencies, compressor ratios, attack/release times, etc...

I'm also comparing it to Studio One's native compressor, TDR Feeback Compressor II and ReaComp on similar settings, with much cleaner results from them. Will compare to other compressors later when I have the time. So far, TDR Feedback Compressor is the winner here, as the cleanest compressor I've ever tested.

My results may be wrong though. I'm not an expert in this kind of thing. It would be cool if someone else could run similar tests.
What kinds of signals are you running through C2? or do you just want me to try various types and see if I get artifacts? remember not all artifacts are "bad" - many plugins attempt to re-create artifacts that "sound good". i know that Q1 sounds more "transparent" than Q2 and FF agree (see their forum). it could be the artifacts are there to emulate pleasing hardware artifacts.

I am just finishing up a track where I am using C2 a lot. once its done I will try some testing and see what I come up with.

foosnark wrote:
Sparky77 wrote:
foosnark wrote:$36.76 for the upgrade... and done. What, there's a demo or a video or something? Pshaw.
How is that?
Mine is double and I own most of FabFilters stuff.
Black magic. 8)

Seriously though, I dunno. I had One, a Timeless2/Twin2/Volcano2 bundle, and a Pro-L/Pro-C bundle. I might have had a survey credit too, but I don't think I had referral credits.
I also got 6 products (the most expensive ones) and I have to pay EUR 52... :?

Return to “Effects”