Alchemy welcomes to Logic X Pro 10.2 and Mainstage 3 (Update 20.1.2016)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro MainStage

jdnz wrote:
lnikj wrote: There is every likelihood that Alchemy 1.x will continue to run on Windows for a great deal longer than on OS X. El Capitan will more than likely break it on OS X.
alchemy 1.55 runs fine on the current El Cap beta - was using it yesterday
Some good news! Thanks :)

Cinebient wrote:
murnau wrote:CAMEL = LE MAC (like it always was.. ..just play the record backwards for a message of the evil..)

It was so obvious all the years.. :dog: :wink:
Ha, you got the award for the best find.... why we didn't saw that?!
We did, that was my sound designer username when i did sounds for Camel Audio ;-)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

wagtunes wrote:
glokraw wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Certainly you can understand a PC user's frustration that they'll never be able to use this software unless they completely redesign their whole setup. In my case (over 300 VSTs) that's just not doable.

So I never get to use Alchemy.

So yeah, that pisses me off.
Get a used mac, label it McRompler, connect line-out mac to line-in pc

Redesign what? :?
Forget that I have no idea how to do that as I've never owned a MAC, but just how much is that going to cost me for the "privilege" of using Alchemy?
As i said, the most expensive upgrade of a vst, ever !
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
glokraw wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Certainly you can understand a PC user's frustration that they'll never be able to use this software unless they completely redesign their whole setup. In my case (over 300 VSTs) that's just not doable.

Get a used mac, label it McRompler, connect line-out mac to line-in pc

Redesign what? :?
Forget that I have no idea how to do that as I've never owned a MAC, but just how much is that going to cost me for the "privilege" of using Alchemy?
As i said, the most expensive upgrade of a vst, ever !
All relative really. I used to own Alchemy but sold it when CA went down. Now I have it back again as I'm a LPX owner in a free upgrade. Or, if you use Mac but not Logic, get Mainstage super cheap.

So a very cheap AU upgrade for me..

ShawnG wrote:
murnau wrote:No problem here with VST folder must be user error. I guess for some people OSX suits better. :hihi:

Also I don't agree that every user who dislike that Camel Audio' story has ended in PC-world is a hater of whatever now thats utter nonsense from the category troll.

Judging by the tone of some members i have the strange impression that some Mac users who posting here have the fix idea to be somehow elite? That time is long over i'm afraid.
Your first sentence makes your last sentence ironic.

Ironic is such a gentleman's way of squashing sheerly inane commentary.

I now firmly believe that the "Apple Elite" is just a perverse descriptor to passive-aggressively attack those who happen to choose a different platform. Of course there are benefits-- and costs-- to each.

I see benefits from both Operating Systems, and now that I actively use both, can say that such commentary is subterfuge for a deep and ingraned insecuritity driven by some sort of fabricated hatred that stems from a vocal, uneducated minority. Perhaps I am too generous. Maybe it's driven by some sort of strange--self imposed-- inferiority complex. I can even understand why and how Linux users can have a field day with this banter-- they tend to be the smartest guys in the room, and they go on their merry way avoiding the noise, or clutter, of such faulty logic, pun intended.

I enjoy diffusing such commentary; is Mac better? Of course it is-- in some ways. In others, WIN has an edge over OSX.

However, there's a reason many choose to use the Mac platform. Perhaps many who do not unfortunately cannot afford the machines, or at least justify them, so that I would say is completely understandable. I choose to pay extra not for the logo, but for the ease of use. I can say that from direct personal experience, but my own opinion. I'd imagine there are many who feel just the opposite.

However-- and I will restate-- it's pretty clear that this "turf war" was not-- at all-- started by those who happen to choose the Mac platform. Contrarily, it's been by those who choose to take pot shots for reasons outside the realm of sanity.

Perhaps many of the naysayers make their music with a PC DAW on the MS Playstation, if that is even possible (though given the machines kids play on today, I'd bet it is.)

There are clearly quite a good number of folk who actually make good music on serious-- often extremely serious-- machines using Live, Bitwig, Cubase, Cakewalk, Reaper, Studio One, Orion, or whatever their DAW of choice happens to be, on WIN.

I'd imagine they are not the vocal minority that plagues this Mac-Driven Thread.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

There are many very good Windows-only synths and effects. Just start a thread listing those, to please the 'pissed off' kids.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:There are many very good Windows-only synths and effects. Just start a thread listing those, to please the 'pissed off' kids.
How many of them started off as cross-platform synths before they became Windows Only though?

I think much of the perceived hurt has to do with that. It's one thing when it was always just one or the other, with the one left out hoping they would at some point. It's another when it was always both major OS's that had it and one OS buys it out to eliminate and monopolize that.

But I'm not peeved at this latest development. Got over that months ago. Actually happy to see Alchemy existing in some way. I still feel nothing quite does what it does the way that it does it.

BBFG# wrote:
Michael L wrote:There are many very good Windows-only synths and effects. Just start a thread listing those, to please the 'pissed off' kids.
How many of them started off as cross-platform synths before they became Windows Only though?

I think much of the perceived hurt has to do with that. It's one thing when it was always just one or the other, with the one left out hoping they would at some point. It's another when it was always both major OS's that had it and one OS buys it out to eliminate and monopolize that.

But I'm not peeved at this latest development. Got over that months ago. Actually happy to see Alchemy existing in some way. I still feel nothing quite does what it does the way that it does it.
Cheers to a healthy perspective. I'd feel the same way, I suppose, if Synapse's Dune 2 went to Cakewalk. Gotta say refreshing to hear such an objective comment!

ontrackp wrote:Wagtunes wrote:
Certainly you can understand a PC user's frustration that they'll never be able to use this software unless they completely redesign their whole setup. In my case (over 300 VSTs) that's just not doable.

---------------------------------------------
As a Mac user, I have frustration that I can never use PC software.

So I never get to use.... (ahh.. can't think of anything).

Just kidding.

In all seriousness though, there was a time years ago that we all made the decision to go with PC or Mac in our studios. There is good software on both sides, and fantastic music is produced using either platform. It sucks for Windows Alchemy owners that the company sold out to Apple, but it's not the first or last time that we will invest in software that is discontinued. It's happened to me on the Mac side (Opcode for instance -- the biggest player in Mac DAW for years with Studio Vision which was a great program went under after being bought by Gibson).

For this Logic upgrade to be used an excuse for the mac haters to come out from under the rocks is just plain funny.
+1

ShawnG wrote:
murnau wrote:No problem here with VST folder must be user error. I guess for some people OSX suits better. :hihi:

Also I don't agree that every user who dislike that Camel Audio' story has ended in PC-world is a hater of whatever now thats utter nonsense from the category troll.

Judging by the tone of some members i have the strange impression that some Mac users who posting here have the fix idea to be somehow elite? That time is long over i'm afraid.
Your first sentence makes your last sentence ironic.
Rather my last sentence makes the first ironic. Also the smilie wasn't of much help i'm afraid.

If any OSX User fire up Win for whatever reason and can't find is plugin folders i'm glad to help just pm me. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

BBFG# wrote:

Have to agree BBFG#. I guess there is not much on the list if you have to count started cross-platform then win only.
Last edited by murnau on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

WOW! LogicProVideo already has an introductory tut for Alchemy, produced by David Earl. Pretty impressive that he got that done in 2 days! :lol:

Since I am almost a complete beginner at synthesis, muh brain issa hurtin'. :help:

Nevertheless, I can hear the 'Call of my Inner Geek' saying 'Come to the Dark Side!' We have LFOs and Modulations, and, especially, cookies! :ud:

Wir Sind APPLE!

Widerstand ist zwecklos! :borg:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

SQ8L is the only instrument I've ever felt annoyed about not being able to use because I'm on a Mac. I used to have a thinkpad PC laptop and used SQ8L and loved it, but now both of my setups are Mac only, so it's gone, and I miss it!

But uh... that's the only one...

p.s. Loving the new Alchemy! :party:

mholloway wrote:SQ8L is the only instrument I've ever felt annoyed about not being able to use because I'm on a Mac. I used to have a thinkpad PC laptop and used SQ8L and loved it, but now both of my setups are Mac only, so it's gone, and I miss it!

But uh... that's the only one...

p.s. Loving the new Alchemy! :party:
If i remember correctly, it works inside SAVIHost (http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm) via WINE (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org) on Mac OS X. You can use one of those audio routing tools to get it where you want it, maybe. If you have trouble getting any audio out of WINE, try an older version of the WINE package.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I think Mac users should just use FL Studio and Cakewalk Sonar. :P But seriously, arguing that Windows users are let down because they can't use Alchemy doesn't quite cut it. Why miss something which is gone now. People could have bought when it actually WAS available. If that's the point anyway. Maybe the point is just to whine endlessly how unjust this world is, i don't know.

Return to “Instruments”