Is Admiral Quality banned permanetly?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I just read through old threads looking for some info, like i often do. I noticed that AQ still had a "banned" tag. I also noticed that there is very useful information in many of his arguments - like them or not. Now what the heck? Are audio experts so plenty that we can afford to loose any?

I remember he was (at least once) banned because of pissing off Ben or one of the mods. Is this the reason? I don't need the gory details, but is there a good reason for shutting up one of the oldest and most active members?

used to be that the 'banned' state for a user was temporary or permanent.

now 'suspended' is what you'll see for a user if its a temporary ban.

'banned' seems permanent, insomuch as some of the 'old style' permanent bans were repealed. Not sure if any 'new style' ones have been.

AQ has been permanently banned more than once. The last time, he got it for directly attacking Ben, so I can't particularly see that one being repealed.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

very recently he was using his official admiral quality facebook page to ask fans/customers/facebook-subscribers to - and I quote - "flood kvr with threads"... I can't see him ever coming back. It's one thing to have a spat with a mod/admin/owner - but it's another to try and incite DOS attacks, however primitive they might be.

Long overdue.

Daags wrote:very recently he was using his official admiral quality facebook page to ask fans/customers/facebook-subscribers to - and I quote - "flood kvr with threads"... I can't see him ever coming back. It's one thing to have a spat with a mod/admin/owner - but it's another to try and incite DOS attacks, however primitive they might be.
Thanks for that info, Daags.
Yes, the ban is permanent. So now that the OP's question has been answered, I'll just tidily close up this thread.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”