Roland System-100 Released as Plug Out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really wish they come out with a 61 keys version of system 1, with patch points and able to host more than 1 plug out, maybe a couple, would incredible if it was multitimbral.

And then I would wait for the poly plug outs: Juno 60, Jp8 and jp6
dedication to flying

Well, that's four now? Twice as many as VariOS got!

Is the hardware running a rebranded VariOS?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

So how's its accuracy compared to DIVA and Monark

Jax Pok wrote:So how's its accuracy compared to DIVA and Monark
The same as the previous Roland plugins I assume - ie, pretty good.

I have to add, I did some face to face testing of both Diva and the Roland plugins, and to my ears the Roland VSTs sounded slightly better, at least in the envelopes area. So this might be very very good, given that the architecture is slightly more complex than with the previous VSTs.

Terrible user interfaces, though with tiny buttons and text :/

Yeh and CPU is through the roof, too... Diva is much better in that regard.

Well, I think they are hoping people buy the hardware too at some point ;) I am actually a bit excited about their entry into the Eurorack world. Nobody would have thought, 7 years ago...

db3 wrote:Yes you can, but non System-1 hardware owners may be put off by the €175 price
There's that, and the 15" CRT graphics, and the DRM.

T-CM11 wrote:
db3 wrote:Yes you can, but non System-1 hardware owners may be put off by the €175 price
There's that, and the 15" CRT graphics, and the DRM.
Tru, but it sounds great...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

EvilDragon wrote:Yeh and CPU is through the roof, too... Diva is much better in that regard.
The S100 is 'alright' like the others, but the actual System 1 vst is insane (although I can use the hardware).

I presume they only thought about releasing it because the others did pretty well. There's does'nt seem to be any (or very little) optimization going on with it as a standalone vst. :(

Sounds really good on the flip side, but I hope they try and streamline it (a lot).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Just tried the demo and was not impressed at all.
I have a Roland SH-5 which sounds very similar to the Roland System 100 and this plug in sounds nothing like it.
The price is ridiculously high for what you get.

Out of all the "plug out" plugins I like the SH2 the best.

zlatan wrote:
Out of all the "plug out" plugins I like the SH2 the best.
That's the one I like least... Each to their own of course.

Just demoed it sounds great but nothing to make me part with cash when I already have DIVA and ACE. The GUI is too small If I make it bigger it goes all blurry and looks like 1990s graphics. If Urs made this I would poke him in the eye.

Is there a way to make/play these polyphonic?

andy4trance wrote:Is there a way to make/play these polyphonic?
Load multiple instanced of the plugin with the same patch.

Return to “Instruments”