Experimental audio effect based on autoconvolution

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
I made an audio effect based on autoconvolution. This effect is very interesting and it it's quite non-intuitive.
Here you can find the software (python source code with documentation) and some audio examples.

I highly suggest you to listen many audio examples from the above page and to check some remixes made with it.
Enjoy :)

Paul

Powerful tool! Could be a great companion to PaulStretch. Any chance for EXE build?
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

''To run this software you need Python with Scipy installed.''

:shrug: ...Already have too much stuff installed on my computer and to be honest I don't like the idea of installing more resources & stuff just to test / demo an experimental tool. Too bad. I feel I won't be the only one. Sad cause it could be a very nice tool for sound exploration and design.

Any plan for release it a compiled ready to use software/build maybe? Just like Paulstretch? That way I am sure you would get more people trying and using it.

Yes, I know that having a Windows EXE version would be a great thing.
I am quite busy now (I am relocating) and unfortunately I don't have time to reimplement it with a GUI (or to test py2exe). Even the documentation I wrote today was written in a hurry :)

Any willing to help Python dev here?

Paul- listening to these examples... just ridiculously beautiful possibilities here. SOOOO gorgeous.
I remember reading (and ...trying...) about using vocoding as a means of reverb but * I * never got the hang of it, so when I was reading the description here I was hoping it would be as great as I had imagined it POSSIBLY being back when I was first introduced to that cousin of an idea (same signals for mod/carrier in the vocoder experiments vs self convolution) and I have to say this completely surpasses expectation.
cannot wait to see/hear where YOU or others take this!

Once again, Kudos, SIR!

@blortblort: Thanks.

Ranjarresh wrote:Any willing to help Python dev here?
Try the DSP and Plug-in Development forum?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Pytchblend wrote:
Ranjarresh wrote:Any willing to help Python dev here?
Try the DSP and Plug-in Development forum?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33
Thanks for advice. Been there, done that :)

Having a play and this does some very nice things with vocals. Kudos, thank you.

sandbags wrote:Having a play and this does some very nice things with vocals. Kudos, thank you.
You executed this script on Linux?

Ranjarresh wrote:You executed this script on Linux?
OSX but I suspect it amounts to the same thing. I installed python, scipy, and libav (to get avconv). At that point the script ran perfectly.

m/

I failed to run this code using WinPython distribution. Python shell barked about every quote character in files. Today I will try Anaconda distro, hope it will work better.

I think there are Python to .exe programs. Has anyone used one of these?

I have the audio samples looping. Dreamy!

It is in Python 2.x so Python 3.x will "gripe about quotes." It's really griping about the "print" - in 3 it's a function and needs parentheses, in 2 it's a statement and you don't need parentheses. This is also how to tell an American Georgian accent from a Caucasus Georgian accent.

And if you've ever written even a Visual Basic program, let this cool tool be your gateway drug to SciPy. You *will* grow a new brain lobe, guaranteed.

Return to “Effects”