Aggressive synth leads suggestion?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

just wanted to get some suggestions for a synth that provides good, aggressive lead sounds so that I can demo them. Looking for sounds to cut through some Mesa Boogie Recto's in industrial metal/rock songs.

I already own Razor and I LOVE it, but I'm looking for something more colored/phat/analog sounding to complement Razor.

Any suggestions are welcome.

anything through a good guitar amp simulator will do, to be honest... it's more a production technique than an insytrument... but you still might want to look at classic agressive synths like the korg ms20 (hardware or plugins), oor the underrated Olga from schwa/stillwell audio.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Corona or Discovery Pro will work for that.

George wrote:Corona or Discovery Pro will work for that.
... But then again, being from your company, you would say that..

(nothing wrong with your plugins, but that was shameless advertising...)
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Chopper wrote:
George wrote:Corona or Discovery Pro will work for that.
... But then again, being from your company, you would say that..

(nothing wrong with your plugins, but that was shameless advertising...)
Haha, didn't realize that :) . Well, I'll give them a listen either way, thanks for the suggestion :) .

Chopper wrote:anything through a good guitar amp simulator will do, to be honest... it's more a production technique than an insytrument... but you still might want to look at classic agressive synths like the korg ms20 (hardware or plugins), oor the underrated Olga from schwa/stillwell audio.
Hey, thanks for the answer. I'm just looking at the Korg website - is it just me, or do they not allow people to demo their plugins before you buy them?

EDIT: What's you opinion on Predator?

Uhe Ace

If you want a synth that is pretty aggressive have a look at Rob Pappin's RAW synth.

Tone2's stuff is also good for that gnarly midrange.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

So I downloaded a bunch of demos and the only thing I can say is that I can't decide at all :D. So many great options out there, I just don't know which way to go tbh. Sigh, looks like I might end up piling up a bunch and then selling the ones that don't suit me. Now I just need to go prepare my wife, wish me luck :) .

EDIT: More suggestions are still appreciated :) .

Whatever you go for - give it a try through the Ignite Amps Bass Tube Amplifier, SHB-1. That one can give any synth sound (leads especially) some serious punching power! I use it on a lot of places where I need a fist in the face..

http://www.igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins
Analogue and digital alike - inside and outside the box. All good music is done with passion and love, not religious convictions!

Here's a few I like...

Oxium

Serum

Vacuum Pro

Monark

I'd also recommend something like a Bass Station 2. You can probably find one used for not much more than a plug in and you'll get the real deal and the keyboard feels quite nice for the money.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Just wanted to say thanks once more for all the suggestions. I ended up going with Dune 2. Totally love the sound and pretty easy to edit. Not the most versatile synth as far as I can tell, but what it does, it does well.

Serum
FM8
Massive

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”