Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks for reply; I won't test demo due to reasons I specified.
My apologies - when 64bit will be out, there will be a native 64bit demo version too :)
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

xhunaudio wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Thanks for reply; I won't test demo due to reasons I specified.
My apologies - when 64bit will be out, there will be a native 64bit demo version too :)
That's ok, thanks for letting me know. I can still load the x86 version in 32 bit host or Reaper rewired to Studio One. My preference would be to insert silence at regular intervals rather than the beep or just have it time out after 15-20 minutes. I realize you don't want to change it.

Musical Gym wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:
That's ok, thanks for letting me know. I can still load the x86 version in 32 bit host or Reaper rewired to Studio One. My preference would be to insert silence at regular intervals rather than the beep or just have it time out after 15-20 minutes. I realize you don't want to change it.
For me there's no problem - really - to make some minor modifications to the copy protection in the future if there's a number of users that ask for this. The "beep" has not been a problem yet, but if there are other users that won't try the demo because they are too much bothered by the "beep", please let me know - here or on social media or by email...

Thanks for your flexibility, understanding, and willingness to listen to users and provide solutions to accommodate their wants/needs.
If I hear/see that there eventually is a demo that is better suited for my evaluation purposes, I will get it then. Other than that, I don't intend to pursue it. Thanks again.

Splendid update! Thank you, Bruno!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Splendid update! Thank you, Bruno!
:tu: no problem

Hi Bruno, I'm a registered user (Alister Webb) and saw your email to upgrade to 1.8. I went to the user area, downloaded the full version and installed it.

The 'About' screen says it's 1.8, but the plugin now says 'Product Not Authorized' and I'm getting no sound from it.

I can't recall how to authorize it, and have looked at all your information to remind me but can't see anything.

Please help!

cheers

xhunaudio wrote:Hi,

I just updated IronAxe to version 1.8. This update brings a wide range of improvements, introducing several features and bug fixes and making IronAxe even closer to be cross-platform compatible (about 95%).

This is one of the most complete IronAxe updates ever, because it brings an improved Excitation Engine, Pickups Modeling, Pitch Bending Engine and many fixes that registered users asked for in the passed months.

List of changes in IronAxe version 1.8:

# A massive low-level code replacement : IronAxe is now 95% ready for cross-platform compatibility

# The Excitation Engine has been updated to version 2.0 : this brings greater realism over the strings vibration process and to the whole simulation accuracy. Excitator materials are also more accurately represented, everything accessible through the same user-friendly GUI

# In the Excitation Engine it is now possible to adjust the Finger Release noise amount (the interaction of a finger leaving a vibrating sting)

# The Pickups Modeling (for Single Coil, Humbucker, Steel Plate) has been seriously improved, featuring even more accurate frequency responses, clipping, and simulating pickups interactions with the Electric Guitars' Tone knobs

# The Pitch Bending Engine has been updated to version 2.0 : now it is possible to simulate both a "Whammy Bar" or a "Finger Slide" action, with an extended range that goes from +-1 up to +-7 semitones. For all the details, check out the user manual

# The Pitch Bending "note retrig issue" has been fixed

# The Pitch Bending is now properly linked on the GUI side

# The Damping Detune Compensation Engine has been updated to version 2.0

# The Distorton and Overdrive Stomps have been sligthly improved

# The 3-band Equalizer Rack Effect has been improved

# All Factory Presets/Banks have been updated

# All the additional "KeyPerformer-ready" presets have been embedded into the main soundbank. They are labeled with the suffix "[KP]". The "[KP]" labeled presets simply represent a specific electric guitar's setting (selecting the proper plectrum material, picking position, etc. - and the same is for the FX, Stomps, Cabinets, etc.) and they are especially designed to be a quick way to perform strums, power chords, palm-muted chords and chunks, etc. through the KeyPerformer Engine. Just load a "[KP]" labeled preset, select "KeyPerformer" as Input Mode and start performing true-to-life phrases without the hassle of setting each parameter manually

# The product installer has also been updated

IronAxe version 1.8 is available now for download, free of charge for all registered users.

The Product :
http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=ironaxe

List of Changes :
http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php ... ouncements

It's okay, I figured it out, I had the data file in a different location. All good now.

cheers

ajw31 wrote:It's okay, I figured it out, I had the data file in a different location. All good now.

cheers
Hi Alister,

nice to know everything woked fine, :)

Just a side note : for any question about transactions and/or products activation, a private email is always better than posting on social networks/forums (due to the fact that personal data could be involved). It is not your case (you carefully didn't mentioned them), but what I wrote above is always a good reminder for future posts (in the passed years it happened that personal data has been published on public threads, and it is not a good thing :)).

By the way for future questions/issues contact me when you want.

A timely reminder, cheers.

Version 1.8 is sounding good :)

where is it at now? User definable keyswitches?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:where is it at now? User definable keyswitches?
Currently I'm fully involved into getting a cross-platform compatibility also to support Registered Customers (for free).

It is my priority, also if this means for me to re-write Xhun Audio plugins code from the ground up using a different c++ framework. I'm really doing of my best, the only inconvenience is that I need more time to complete that.

any ETA for x64 version?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:any ETA for x64 version?
Hello,

I'm currently involved 24/7 , night and day , into rewriting LittleOne and IronAxe from the groud up using low level frameworks with native cross-platform compatibility. The first to be released will be LittleOne. It is really a huge work, I just need some time to make it happen. IronAxe will follow for sure, among with interesting new products. Sorry that I can't provide a solid ETA now, all work in progress status progresses will be posted on website and on the various social media.

Hi Bruno, hope the hard work is going fine :)

I'd also like to suggest you to move to vextor gfx, to have a fully scalable UI.
Its impossible nowadays to make the right choice for UI size, considering we may run things on a 3000x2000 tablet, or a 1080p 27"...
Even if we have the choice between a few sizes, its not future-proof, we may have 8000x6000 (or probably a lot more) in the near future, so only option is vector, i guess...

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Return to “Instruments”