Da Real 110 - an extensive BOSS DR-110 sample library for Kontakt 5 and SFZ players

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've wanted proper MIDI-enabled, velocity-enabled, whatever-you-want-enabled DR-110 sounds for a long time. I've made this sample library extensive enough to avoid any possible sensation of repetitiveness and to basically make it sound totally "real" in any situation.

You'd like to use that lovely closed hihat at 300 BPM, or make crazy gabber music that overuses the excellent "Hand Clap" for that hyper feel, without ever getting the dreaded "gunshot effect" nor the feeling that you're going in circles? Then this ridiculously-named library has got you covered. But really, it makes a difference even for elevator music.

• High quality recording and meticulous selection, alignment and arrangement of each one of the samples
• 8 bass drum, 35 snare, 38 hand clap, 25 cymbal, 54 closed hihat, and 39 open hihat round-robin samples
• Pitch tuning, ADSR envelope, panning control and volume control. Custom effects and UI not included.

Download at synth.in.

I hope it will help your creativity.

Edit: Now also available as SFZ, thanks to PTV.
Last edited by Shy on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Thank you for that! Any chance to share the .wav files for those of us that doesn't own Kontakt? Thanks in advance!

Brilliant, thankyou!
< nobody cares what you use >

PTV wrote:Thank you for that! Any chance to share the .wav files for those of us that doesn't own Kontakt? Thanks in advance!
Good point, I've added a samples only download.

Simply amazing! Thanks!

Shy wrote:
PTV wrote:Thank you for that! Any chance to share the .wav files for those of us that doesn't own Kontakt? Thanks in advance!
Good point, I've added a samples only download.
Thanks!

The samples sounds great!

I have two questions:

1. I'm going to make sfz mappings (for my own use in Plogue's free sampler sforzando) for the samples, is it ok with you that I'll share them here?

2. According to the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license "You may not use the material for commercial purposes." Does that mean that we're not allowed to make a commercial music with it?

Thanks again!

Sure, that's more than OK. I can add it to my site if you want (with credit, link, etc.). If anyone would like to make and publish versions for other samplers, feel free. Just please use all the samples, because that's a main point of this library.

"Adapted material" in the form of a musical work is an exception that falls under "fair use" in this case, so you are allowed to make commercial music using this sample library. If the "musical work" (as someone might claim it to be) is, for example, nothing but a large gapped series of snare hits, then it's not "fair use", but that's not what you consider "music" to be, anyway, so there's nothing to worry about :).

Shy wrote:Sure, that's more than OK. I can add it to my site if you want (with credit, link, etc.). If anyone would like to make and publish versions for other samplers, feel free. Just please use all the samples, because that's a main point of this library.
Great then, I'll post it here later tonight
"Adapted material" in the form of a musical work is an exception that falls under "fair use" in this case, so you are allowed to make commercial music using this sample library. If the "musical work" (as someone might claim it to be) is, for example, nothing but a large gapped series of snare hits, then it's not "fair use", but that's not what you consider "music" to be, anyway, so there's nothing to worry about :).
Awesome, thanks for clarifying it!

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ok, I made a simple round-robin sfz patch that should work with any SFZ compatible sampler that supports round robin (Plogue Sforzando, TX16Wx, Alchemy Player and others).

Just copy the sfz files to the root folder of "synth.in - Da Real 110 samples" (the same folder with "readme.txt" file):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jsf5522ag7wg ... s.zip?dl=0

I didn't include any custom controls, only basic key mapping (C1 to F1) with round robins and choke groups for the hi hats. If you want you can share them in your website 8)

Edit: I added individual mappings for the Bass Drum, Snare, Clap, Cymbal and the Hihats

Many thanks to PTV for the SFZ programs.
I've replaced the "samples only" download with an "SFZ version".
Now we have a truly "open" library that immortalizes the DR-110's sound.

SFZ mappings updated to follow the GM drum kit standard. You can re-download from the site or download the sfz files only.

Bump for this fine library :)

Thank you for putting in all that work! This is extensive enough that I can sell my real DR110 now. I always meant to make a sample set from it, but never quite got around to it. And modding it to make it more useful is too much trouble, so I'll probably just get rid of the thing.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”