Diva vs Analogue - a real world test

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Urs wrote:
fmr wrote:Now, that being said, please take care of Zebra 3.0 before anything else. I think it should be your no. 1 priority.
It has pretty much become that. We just need to fix one more bug in current Hive beta, before we can hopefully do our large maintenance update. From then on it's all Z3 for me. I'm very excited to finally work on some concepts to share with you 8)
Question: Do Zebra 2 owners get a discounted price on Zebra 3 or is it considered a completely different synth? I ask because plunking down another $200 is going to be a little rough.

wagtunes wrote:
Question: Do Zebra 2 owners get a discounted price on Zebra 3 or is it considered a completely different synth? I ask because plunking down another $200 is going to be a little rough.
AFAIK if you own zebra 2 and zebra hz (Dark Batman show) you are entitled to get Zebra 3 for free..

Locus M wrote:
aciddose wrote:Yeah, so people genuinely want me to go away, leave KVR.
I definitely don't. Right now you are the reason why this thread is still alive giving us all an excuse for pseudo socializing. You have great value but probably not in the areas you most want it.
Wait... this is pseudo socializing? Oh crap. It's the only socializing I have.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

kmonkey wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
AFAIK if you own zebra 2 and zebra hz (Dark Batman show) you are entitled to get Zebra 3 for free..
Well I only own Zebra 2.

wagtunes wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Well I only own Zebra 2.
Upgrade price will be 30$ unless you have TDZ, in case of which the upgrade is free.

(nevertheless it's going to be a completely new plug-in... full rewrite of pretty much all DSP parts)

Urs wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Well I only own Zebra 2.
Upgrade price will be 30$ unless you have TDZ, in case of which the upgrade is free.

(nevertheless it's going to be a completely new plug-in... full rewrite of pretty much all DSP parts)
Sounds great. And $30 for such an amazing plugin is peanuts.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

wagtunes wrote:
Urs wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Well I only own Zebra 2.

Sounds great. And $30 for such an amazing plugin is peanuts.

Strictly spoken it is not 30 bucks, I guess you know what I mean. :clown:

Frantz wrote:AD is like a circuit modeling chatbot
AD fails the Turing Test. :wink:

wagtunes wrote: Sounds great. And $30 for such an amazing plugin is peanuts.

Anyone clever will start to dig the second hand market searching for a good deal on Zebra 2 :wink:
Anyway, I'm one of those lucky ones entitled for a free Zebra 3, so, I hope to get access to a Beta ASAP :hyper:
Fernando (FMR)

oh good its still alive...Im hoping to make some more audio when I return to the studio...anyone have a Diva sound they would like me to match? Has to be Roland 2 VCO or Moog Osc, Uhbie / Roland 24db filter...reasonable modulations (no X mod)...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

analoguesamples909 wrote:oh good its still alive...Im hoping to make some more audio when I return to the studio...anyone have a Diva sound they would like me to match? Has to be Roland 2 VCO or Moog Osc, Uhbie / Roland 24db filter...reasonable modulations (no X mod)...
Hey, sorry if you already posted this earlier in the thread, but are you willing to provide the MIDI and patch names for your demo's?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote:oh good its still alive...Im hoping to make some more audio when I return to the studio...anyone have a Diva sound they would like me to match? Has to be Roland 2 VCO or Moog Osc, Uhbie / Roland 24db filter...reasonable modulations (no X mod)...
Hey, sorry if you already posted this earlier in the thread, but are you willing to provide the MIDI and patch names for your demo's?
Im not sure...to what end? Its a bit of a pain because both sessions are a mess and not something Id like to upload tbh. Also there are 3rd party plugins on the master and reverb bus on the song test. On the other test the session is packed with other sounds not used in the main test that I may want to use still...
Patch names I can say which were used from the pack if thats useful...maybe Im not so well known around here but I am on GS where I regularly test things...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

On a side note, my god is Diva CPU hungry.

I did a stress test on my new system, and while my CPU is pretty solid (6-core i7-5820k), it took only about 8 Diva instances (3 note chords playing simultaneously) on 'great' quality to max out the ASIO meter in Cubase and start dropping out (512 buffer size). On the other hand, around 100 MIDI tracks playing 4 note chords (orchestral libraries in Kontakt like Cinematic Strings, CineBrass, Albion, Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble and some VSL) + 20 instances of Omnisphere with around 15 plugins (reverbs, EQs, tape simulations, compressors, limiters etc.), all playing simultaneously was showing around 55% of CPU usage. Pretty insane :)

But yeah, the sound quality is phenomenal.

Urs wrote:
fmr wrote:Now, that being said, please take care of Zebra 3.0 before anything else. I think it should be your no. 1 priority.
It has pretty much become that. We just need to fix one more bug in current Hive beta, before we can hopefully do our large maintenance update. From then on it's all Z3 for me. I'm very excited to finally work on some concepts to share with you 8)
Can I ask what that means for VST3? Is that being handled by someone else at u-he while you work on Zebra 3? I'm all for Z3 > VST3, I'm just wondering.

As a TDZ owner I am endlessly excited for my eventual free upgrade to Zebra 3. :D

You should put a link to your preset banks up on the original post.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”