Alchemy welcomes to Logic X Pro 10.2 and Mainstage 3 (Update 20.1.2016)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro MainStage

Better the hate goes into posts than into music: kvr therapy :x
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Better the hate goes into posts than into music: kvr therapy :x
Nothing wrong with hate in music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkZdTJbSxw

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I bet that if we filtered out all the posts related to Apple hate/Mac vs PC posts, this thread would be 7-8 pages long.
Now where would be the fun in that? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Disclaimer not a LogicX user, but I have my Alchemy 1.5 backed up . Anyways I think the import EXS24 instruments into Alchemy 2 is a VERY nice feature , way better than just importing sfz , I imagine it's alot easier to make an EXS24 instrument than editing and making sfz instruments .

Ben H wrote:You can be sure they've taken SOMETHING useful out of Alchemy.

They ARE Apple after all. :roll:
Aah, so that's why the Apple logo has a bite taken out of it.
Maybe you can see a worm in the Retina version. :lol:

Fleer wrote:
murnau wrote:Luckily enough i have the money to buy any Mac i want but i simply don't want it. I don't want to support practices like this. That point of no return was already over ten years ago as they bought Logic to support their platform.

I don't have any negative feeling towards Apple because they have every right to do so but i personally simply won't support them.

Like others said before it's a decision - thinking about it again, i have to agree that this is the only truth in the end.
Well, as an Apple customer for almost 30 years, I can only say that this is how those early years were for us Mac users: almost no software while Microsoft ran its course without mercy, and definitely without allowing us any access. Most other developers followed suit: no Mac compatible software to be found.
Finally, gotta hand it to Apple as Winstontaneous already stated: one company making hardware, OS and (refining) software leads to a stable, efficient and inspiring environment.
Funny thing is, they got so big because of a phone. Who'd have thought? And as for music, there even was a basic agreement with the Beatles that Apple would never venture into music, thus allowing them to use the same brand name as the Beatles' record company.
And look at them now :party:
That agreement with the Apple Records was a bunch of shit. Apple computer was smaller than the recording company. Apple Computer created an excellent computer called the Apple IIgs that had a professional synthesizer chip in it. Apple Records used that thin thread of "music" to assault Apple Computer with a lawsuit that said Apple Computer was abusing Apple Records' trademark. It was ludicrous, it was a bullying tactic by a big corporate empire, and it was utterly destructive to the Apple IIgs (which was already suffering under Steve Jobs' interdepartmental warfare) and to technology.

Frankly, there are way more examples of IP law being used by big corporations to stifle innovation than to protect inventors of it.

There's some irony in the ultimate end, where Apple is hugely involved in the music business and Apple Records is deceased. It's too bad the Apple IIgs got caught in the crossfire. Much like the AMY chip for the Atari ST was lost to corporate bullshit.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Apple Records is deceased.
No, it isn't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps

Why "holy sh!t"? Is this a surprise to anyone?

I'm also using Alchemy in Live 9.2... On Windows 10!!! Or as I call it, wOS X.

:hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

OP was in coma the last six month.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

zerocrossing wrote:Why "holy sh!t"?
'
Indeed, it's more like this

Holy Mangosteens there is no apostrophe there.

Is Camel Phat coming to Logic?

Okay, to sum it up ... an overrated product is now exclusivly available for overpriced computers
and a developer, who f**cked his loyal customers is now working for the biggest bunch of a**holes
in the computer-industry. Hmm ... i think he's in good company.

Enough said ... time to have some fun with zebra/kontakt/bazille/massive ... damn, so many great windows-products ... no need to cry a tear.

audiot wrote:Okay, to sum it up ... an overrated product is now exclusivly available for overpriced computers
and a developer, who f**cked his loyal customers is now working for the biggest bunch of a**holes

Enough said ... time to have some fun with zebra/kontakt/bazille/massive ... damn, so many great windows-products ... no need to cry a tear.
A bit peeved perhaps? :hug: :party:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:
audiot wrote:Okay, to sum it up ... an overrated product is now exclusivly available for overpriced computers

A bit peeved perhaps? :hug: :party:
Maybe, but I agree with him 100%. And he's right. There are so many great Windows VSTs there's really no need to cry over not being able to get Alchemy, though I am still pissed that I can't. But life will go on.

Anyway, back to my MPowersynth for today.

Return to “Instruments”