AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube Custom Shop

Burillo wrote:tried it.

rectos are my thing, definitely. i can now forget about the brainworx ones for good. love these. i never expected to like RAW channel that much, actually - i was always the "vintage" kinda guy on other Recto emulations.

transatlantic - nice little amp, kinda reminded me of the brainworx Chandler amp. i am not yet sure if i can find work for this amp as i have a lot of other amps that cover similar ground, but we'll see.

marks... i wish they came with a manual. there's so much switches and it's hard to coax anything useful out of them without knowing what you're doing. i'll definitely dig into these though, they sure sound like they have potential and a lot of flexibility.

overall i'm glad i preordered, and sure as hell glad that IK made them. it was about time Amplitube had a proper Rectifier emulation.
What Brainworks amps do you have, I may be interested in buying them from you. thanks :)

i have none :) i was eyeing the bx_dual and bx_single as they were pretty good IMO (but IK Mesa came out - i'm quite happy with it), and i'm still eyeing the Chandler amp. however, their prices are beyond crazy, so i'll either do without, or wait for massive discounts on the Chandler. i would be willing to pay $50 or so for it, but no more.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

So, you want to link them, like say a farchild compressor.
Moving gain control on amp 1 moves gain control on amp 2.

ST3 does have Stereo operation and you can copy settings from module to like module. I just set up a nice stereo patch using the Triple Recto, with the same compressors, cabs, delays, and EQ settings for each side. Pretty easy process...........(I set the Pan after the Racks) :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Burillo wrote:i have none :) i was eyeing the bx_dual and bx_single as they were pretty good IMO (but IK Mesa came out - i'm quite happy with it), and i'm still eyeing the Chandler amp. however, their prices are beyond crazy, so i'll either do without, or wait for massive discounts on the Chandler. i would be willing to pay $50 or so for it, but no more.
I got mine with a discount code plus a buy a second item and get 20% off, so I bought the tuner..spent about $85 for the mega single. The Chandler is the next one I am saving up for. The real beauty in the three amps they have just released is how good the cabinet models are. everything on the back of the amps is stellar. I'm still keeping my Amplitube collection going though :clap:

monkeymanx wrote:Yea I can do that... I will upload them now. I would have done a better video but I can't get my screen capture thing to capture the sound for my RME sound card and it just captures the system audio from my normal sound card. Remember the Rectifier models will have a high end fizz you EQ out after. That is what they actually sound like though when you stick a microphone in front of the cab. The Mark IV and III don't have that fizz. The only Rectifier I have owned was the Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb combo which sounded similar. Different speaker in the combo though. But the Rectifier sound was there just like the bigger models.

Hi Monkeymanx, I have a question about your video -- I just want to confirm what you are doing to achieve the wide stereo field effect, obviously you have two separate instances of Amplitube running, so I assume your using a single guitar input that is running into two different channels, each panned hard in one direction? (Or I suppose you might have recorded the guitar part twice, once in each channel... ?) If it's just one guitar input, then to avoid summing to mono, it looks like there are differences in the patches (though they share the same preset name, as far as I can see, the cabinets appear to be different). Did you have to add delay to one channel to avoid mono summing? or were the changes to each patch enough to separate the two that clearly?

Would really appreciate it if you could clarify, I can't download your patches atm...

-michael

I record separate guitar tracks. When using one guitar track and just using a delay or slightly different settings it doesn't sound good or as full to me. All my distorted rhythm tracks are done with 4 separate takes. That is how I've been doing it for years, even when I put a microphone in front of an amp. I'm the same way with vocal takes, when I need to double or more or do a harmony, I usually just do it myself so it sounds natural. Whenever I slap some kind of artificial harmonizer or double on my voice it sounds so processed to me and I don't like it, so I do it old school and just record me a bunch of times.

monkeymanx wrote:I record separate guitar tracks. When using one guitar track and just using a delay or slightly different settings it doesn't sound good or as full to me. All my distorted rhythm tracks are done with 4 separate takes. That is how I've been doing it for years, even when I put a microphone in front of an amp. I'm the same way with vocal takes, when I need to double or more or do a harmony, I usually just do it myself so it sounds natural. Whenever I slap some kind of artificial harmonizer or double on my voice it sounds so processed to me and I don't like it, so I do it old school and just record me a bunch of times.
To me, this is the best way to do multitracked guitar parts, it may be more work but the results is well worth it.

In general, just a reminder that today and tomorrow are the last days to get the special pricing on AmpliTube MESA/Boogie for those that are still checking it out.

How when the website is down? ;)
Peter any plans for Mesa Boogie Bass amps? I mean your Ampeg is fantastic, so is your Orange Bass amp. But hey, Mesa Boogie <3.

TheKid wrote:How when the website is down? ;)
Peter any plans for Mesa Boogie Bass amps? I mean your Ampeg is fantastic, so is your Orange Bass amp. But hey, Mesa Boogie <3.
Working fine here, please check again.

Anything is possible, I'll relay the suggestion for additional Mesa gear - bass amps specifically.

While you're at it check out EBS Bass Amps....for that Tal Wilkenfeld sound:

http://www.bass.se/

Love to see some of those models............. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Way off topic but hey it's a free bump.......... :hihi:

Can anybody recommend an inexpensive way to split the signal from my guitar ? I'd like one out to go to my Johnson J Station and the other out to go into my mixer then to the input on my sound card (or directly into the soundcard depending on output signal).

I'd like to run the J Station and Amplitube 3 at the same time layered. There will be some latency compensation issues I'm sure but nothing that can't be adjusted I imagine.

I've done a search but all the units I've seen were way too pricey just to run this experiment. The two sounds may not mesh at all....or they may sound awesome together...only one way to tell.

Anyway any recommendations ? :)

Never tried it, but maybe something like this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... ar-y-cable

Thanks, I have one of those from years ago but if I remember correctly it cuts the signal in half. Plus I seem to remember someone telling me a long time ago when I used to plug each end into different real amps I could have been electrocuted........... :-o But memory from those days is a bit foggy........ :hihi:

Anyway I'd like something that splits the signal without degrading it.......units I've looked at run between $150 and $200 which is more than the experiment it worth to me........ :)

But thanks for the help.......... :tu:

Yeah, I had a feeling that would degrade signal quality. Any DI box should have a parallel out, but a good one isn't as inexpensive as you're looking for. How about a Boss chromatic tuner pedal? There's an output and a separate bypass on mine; should be able to cleanly split a signal. I'm sure they can be had for cheap.

Return to “Effects”