T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BUG ?

T6 64 Linux, Lame, Ubuntu Studio 64bit and MP3 option not being recognized

Using Ubuntu Studio 64 bit 14.04.2. LAME installs with this distro and the executable (titled Lame) is located in the /usr/bin directory. The executable is titled LAME. In T6 under "Setting/General Behavior/LAME Location" I select this file at this location. However, when I go to Render a file the MP3 option is not in the drop down list in T6. Appears that T6 is not engaging LAME.

Other info: Entering Terminal and entering the commend Lame returns: LAME 64bits version 3.99.5
Online search info on this issue and LAME not being installed by default, and/or other packages needing install appears to be false in the case of this distro.
Audacity is able to render out files to MP3 on this system.

FR: Please provide a split at transients feature - useful for mangling drum loops. Thanks!

Mac OS 10.8.5 Tracktion 6.2.1 still can't use any pop up menus. They flash and disappear. It's been that way since 6.1.9. I thought I'd try removing the preferences, but that didnt do it, and when I put the preferences back all my settings are gone. Everything, projects, plugins, appearance, etc. I can't scan for plugins again because I can't use the pop up menu.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Same issue as bongo_x. Most of the menus that would pop up disappear before I can interact with them. My details

Tracktion v6.2.1
Mac Pro (retina, 15-inch, late 2013) Yosemite 10.10.5

Here's a movie that shows it in action: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/653 ... nMenus.mov (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/653522/movies/TracktionMenus.mov)

Mac OS 10.8.5 Tracktion 6.2.1 still can't use any pop up menus. They flash and disappear. It's been that way since 6.1.9...
I wonder if you have a MacBook Pro with two GPUs. I have seen this before on other software when PCs dynamically switch to a 2nd graphics processor.

One way to test this theory is to use a utility to force OSX to use one GPU or the other. There are a few utilities available that do that. This one is free (donation ware): https://gfx.io

If the problem clears up when running on integrated graphics it would help define the issue.

Another way to test is to disconnect any external display and the charger and run in battery mode and see if it still has the problem.

I haven't personally seen this issue with T6 but I have with other apps. Those are the things that help isolate the issue.

Not in this case. I’m using an old Macbook 5,2 and a MacPro 3,1. They both do it.

bongo_x wrote:Not in this case. I’m using an old Macbook 5,2 and a MacPro 3,1. They both do it.
Weird.

I am on a 2012 MBAir and a 2010 Mac Pro. Neither has this problem. OSX 10.10.5.

Pitch Shifter Plugin messes up timing completely when inserted \before an instrument (a.k.a. midi mode).

Well, it seems that the PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation) is still applied and processed like if the pitch shifter would be used in audio mode. Somehow this messes up the whole timing of the midi track.

In older versions I think there has been a radiobutton to enable/disable midi-mode.
My guess is that this was removed due to some auto-recognize function
that automatically detects where in the chain the pitchshifter is.

Probably Elastique is still being processed even if it shouldnt be, because Pitch Shifter is in Midi mode
which somehow wreaks havoc with the timing. Thats with T6 on OSX 10.10.5

Somebody confirm please.

Thanks,

tL.
Professional.

Dear Tracktion,

I have found a bug which is already there since version 5, and up until version 6.2.1 and with Windows 7 32 and 64 bit, and Windows 8.1 32 and 64 bit operating systems on different machines.

What happens is the following;

When recording midi in "loop mode and with replacing midi parts" all is fine and i choose the best take for playback when ready with recording . What happens now is the following:
If i do switch off loop mode and place the cursor outside the loop region and play midi notes now all midi played notes are being cut off abrupt. I find this very annoying since i would like to search for other sounds on the fly.
There is a work around by hitting the transport button and now the notes are being played as they should.
However it should not cut off notes under any circumstance is my opinion.

Could you please have alook at this? And solve this! :tu:

Thanks in advance,

Wilfred.

telephone wrote:Dear Tracktion,

I have found a bug which is already there since version 5, and up until version 6.2.1 and with Windows 7 32 and 64 bit, and Windows 8.1 32 and 64 bit operating systems on different machines.

What happens is the following;

When recording midi in "loop mode and with replacing midi parts" all is fine and i choose the best take for playback when ready with recording . What happens now is the following:
If i do switch off loop mode and place the cursor outside the loop region and play midi notes now all midi played notes are being cut off abrupt. I find this very annoying since i would like to search for other sounds on the fly.
There is a work around by hitting the transport button and now the notes are being played as they should.
However it should not cut off notes under any circumstance is my opinion.

Could you please have alook at this? And solve this! :tu:

Thanks in advance,

Wilfred.
Sent Tracktion an Email with the same contents. Was not sure where to post bugs.

latest T6 version crashing very frequent when deleting tracks and clips.

Thats on OSX 10.10.5

Very very annoying.

Best,

tL.
Professional.

rockstar_not wrote:When I look at the 'General Behaviour' screen in settings, the last full line displayed is 'Default Freeze Point', and there is no scroll option to look further down the page. It looks like there is at least one more line on this screen, but I can only see the top 30-50% of that line.

Tracktion Version 6.1.0 (Built: 2 April 2015) (32-bit)
This is still an error for me with Version 6.2.1 - anyone else?

I think that an option to save selected tracks as new edit would tie in nicely with
the tracktion design philosophy and would also be very convenient.

For example you could very quickly "outsource" stuff like multitrack drums
that have a lot of variation or other stuff that is heavily cut into pieces into a new edit, drag it back in and
edit the stereo file in basically under a minute.

And you still would have some kind of "submix" in form of the saved edit.

Best,

tL.
Professional.

Outputs and freeze points

I have a issue with the output of the track that has an input from another track you can only be freeze the track that has the final output. But I have my tracks going threw a aux bus, a master bus both made with aux sends and returns that each output to there own sub mix tracks witch is then spit all signals to a master vocal and master music tracks that both finally output to my final master fader track so I only can freeze on my final master fader track because it is the final output of all the track so I can't freeze my busses an once you freeze a track you can't bounce that frozen track if you select that frozen track as a input you get no audio playing back please fix these issues Thax!! :tu:

I would love a few small changes that would help significantly with composition:
  1. Add the ability to displace an existing clip when you drag another clip over it. I'm specifically thinking of rearranging loops and chopped up recordings when I say this, since right now, I have to move one loop to be on top of the other, right-click and get the obscured clip to come to the front, and then move that clip to the end of the new clip that I just dragged over. If I could toggle an option to make this process happen automatically, so that when I obscure a clip it moves to the end of the clip I've obscured it with, this process would be much simpler.
  2. Add an option to cut clips to fit a marker, so that they separate and can be moved as a unit that is the size of the marker itself. There should be a quick way to do this for all clips across all tracks that overlap with this marker, but it should also be possible to do this with only a select few clips so that some are able to exist across markers unaltered.
  3. Add a way to group clips with a marker so that they always move as a unit. Right now, in order to do this, you have to keep selecting the marker and the clips you want to move. Note that, similar to the above request, this should have a quick way to select all clips that overlap the marker, or just a select few. It doesn't need to have any constraints on whether the clip has a start or end time that falls outside the marker, since that would actually be a feature (e.g. a chorus lead-in).
  4. Finally, apply the same kind of displacement for markers as for clips, so that you can rearrange the sections of the song and have them displace each other to quickly iterate through changes to the overall song structure.
For reference, this is coming from a musician who typically comes up with a few backbone parts for a song, records them, turns them into loops, and then arranges them and starts iterating on the ideas and trying new parts. I typically do this as a first step to be able to rapidly try out new ideas and, once I'm happy with it, will start a new edit to start laying down a finalized version.

Return to “Tracktion”