One finger Chord Controller.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi im looking to use a controller. With 2/3 octaves, preferably in a grid mode, not keyboard configuration. Sensitive to drumming.
The question is, is there a midi software, application, way to program a controller as follow:
2/3 octaves.
Mod keys (major minor augmented diminished, other configurable triad, fourth, fifths intervals ) to chord with one finger, so if i press key mod plus key note. it plays for example. Cdim.
It would be interesting that the keys were assigned to grades on a scale, not just notes. To use other modkey for tonality. Other for octave, etc..
I know some python scripting.

Which controller, osc/midi programmable would you use, it has to be responsive, pressure sensitive.
Thanks.

Interesting question...

I've only used Pyo a little bit but I expect it would help you do what you want in Python.

Also, what DAW do you use? Both Ableton Live and Reaper have Python scripting. Ableton Suite also has Max For Live. Many DAWs have chord modules (I'm familiar with Live's and Logic's), then it's a matter of assigning one for each chord type to a controller.

AFAIK the Novation LaunchPad Pro is the least expensive 64-pad grid controller with pressure sensitivity. Also it's supposed to be very hack-able.

Kind of reminds me of my old CasioTone where in chord mode holding 1 key = major, 2 = dominant, 3 = minor, 4 = minor 7 and so on.

Hope this helps, let us know what you end up doing.

im looking for html5 programming.
the only thing i found is: polychord for ios

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”