Melda interface: ok in the left side and cancel on the right side??

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I try to rename a track on mmultianalyzer, but for sure it happens on other places (was using mmultianalyzer right now).

Why the ok is on the left and the cancel on right, when on every other interface is the other way?

Hmmm, to be honest, I didn't think there was general rule for this :D. Now how to simulate it... Ha! I just tried save as in my text editor to overwrite something and Ok was on the left side ;). Dunno... For some reason this feels right to me.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

strange. just curious, which text editor do you use?

aww! It's platform dependent, on mac the default on almost anything is cancel-ok

http://www.nngroup.com/articles/ok-cancel-or-cancel-ok/

But if possible, ok on right on mac would make a lot os sense (at least to me :P) :)

That would explain that :). We can do that, but quite frankly I'm a little worried that people might already be used for some layout and changing it might be a little problematic.

Anyone else with an opinion?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm a PC user, and despite that I admit that I've pressed the wrong button a couple of times. I think a better suggestion would be to make it more obvious what is accept and what is cancel. Perhaps make the buttons themselves brighter and darker (respectively), make the icons on the buttons bigger, or put an outline around accept.

Here's Audition's dialog box, nobody's going to get confused with this, but then it's always easier when there's three buttons rather than two:
Audition Button.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The problem is that sometimes the "safe" option is yes, sometimes it is no, so...
Vojtech

I personally prefer it how it is now, as I'm a windows user and it feels right to me.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

In what I have looked at here (Windows 7) the positive actions are on the left and [Cancel] is on the right.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, I mean, it's not a problem to reverse it on OSX, it's just a matter of if the OSX users wouldn't get confused... It's probably no big deal, but still. So, any ideas from OSX users?
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”