Film Score Companion: The Ultimate Collection for Film and Game Producers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

BasariStudios wrote:No, i do not believe you need to pay double, Simon will clarify about this.
That would make me very happy! :D
I hope you're right; I must have misinterpreted the page which makes you choose your OS before purchasing...?

dredd i knight wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:No, i do not believe you need to pay double, Simon will clarify about this.
That would make me very happy! :D
I hope you're right; I must have misinterpreted the page which makes you choose your OS before purchasing...?
Both OS files are available on request at no extra cost :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Thanks for the clarification.

The demo versions are now available on each product page :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Are the demos the same as the full versions? I've downloaded them but haven't installed yet as want to spend some decent time with them. Basically what i want to know is if i like them and i buy it, will i have to download them again or just authorize the demos in iLok?

Has anyone here bought FSC? How does it compare to other orchestral libraries?

I demoed it extensively and decided against it. The sounds themselves are great however the software is rubbish, if you adjust any parameter its practically impossible to return it to its default, the effects are average at best. Like all the Sonivox stuff I've tried, they are basically just preset plugins which is fine in many cases although it would be nice to be able to build your own kit in BigBang.

If this had been released as a Kontakt library I'd consider it a great purchase especially for the price, as it is right now I'm not impressed.

mutantdog wrote:I demoed it extensively and decided against it. The sounds themselves are great however the software is rubbish, if you adjust any parameter its practically impossible to return it to its default, the effects are average at best. Like all the Sonivox stuff I've tried, they are basically just preset plugins which is fine in many cases although it would be nice to be able to build your own kit in BigBang.

If this had been released as a Kontakt library I'd consider it a great purchase especially for the price, as it is right now I'm not impressed.
Interesting. These new low-to-medium price range libraries by UVI and SoniVox have gotten good reviews, but ignored or bashed by the music community. Even discussion about Da Capo seems to have disappeared into the void.

There seems to be some seriously misguided direction at Sonivox. To pick on BigBang again, you've got a 10GB+ library of seriously good cinematic percussion sounds and are forced into a mediocre plugin wherein the only options are a bunch of slow-loading preset kits accessed through a clunky browser with little indication of what each kit sounds like or how many (in most cases, how few) different sounds are mapped across the two octaves it limits you to. Should you stumble across a kit you like but decide you want to tweak it slightly, don't expect the process to be a pleasant one.

All this is made worse by the fact that the plugin installs all the sounds as reasonably well categorised wav files that could be easily imported into any other sampler but not the instrument they want you to pay for. The fact you can do this with the demo makes the whole iLok protection seem ridiculous too.

Hello, we are about to launch free updates in the next couple of days which significantly improve the loading times of all our key instruments and simplify the process. Sorry your having a tough time with it we have had some great feedback from Music publications and users so far.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

sbangs_air wrote:Hello, we are about to launch free updates in the next couple of days which significantly improve the loading times of all our key instruments and simplify the process. Sorry your having a tough time with it we have had some great feedback from Music publications and users so far.
I'm still contemplating whether to invest in FSC but this is great to hear.

sbangs_air wrote:Hello, we are about to launch free updates in the next couple of days which significantly improve the loading times of all our key instruments and simplify the process. Sorry your having a tough time with it we have had some great feedback from Music publications and users so far.
Would it be possible to see a detailed release/update notes?

SirKen wrote:
Would it be possible to see a detailed release/update notes?
Updates and release notes are now on the product pages :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Thanks Simon.

Can we finally use the Modwheel to change the dynamics? I could not find any information about this bug.

Return to “Instruments”