Which Arturia synth & Valhalla reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aryaroman wrote: I hate to say this, but I used to have TAL Reverb 2. Then I pressed delete. It sounded like a bad hardware rompler reverb I used to know. I prefer SafeReverb any day over it. And now VVV over that. But if it works for you, then all's right.?
bad hardware rompler reverb? pshh..whatever. yeah it works for me like a mofo...
this is all Tal Reverb2 and ChorusLX. yeah, it sounds like bad rompler FX. :roll:

https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/summit

keep spending your money...sucka..... :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Memorymoon also has a good CS-80 emulation, whose user interface is probably better to use than the tiny Arturia one.

My favorite "70s" vibe Arturia plug ins are CS80v and 2600v. For 'verb... 9 out of 10 times I just go for my favorite, Virsyn's REFLECT. It's a hybrid algorithmic/convolution reverb that I think sounds great on everything and well do real spaces as well as artificial sounding stuff.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

lazer, I think most people care more about what they get out of this hobby, not what they put into it. Good for you though :tu:

VVV gets alot of love around here, I personally don't have it but I also happen to quite like Valhalla Room for a present, uncolored sounding reverb with its Large Room, Dark Room, and Bright Room algorithms. It has some nice creative options in there as well should you need to use them.

I honestly prefer my 2CAudio reverbs most of the time but either of those will do well for you :tu:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

layzer wrote:
Aryaroman wrote: I hate to say this, but I used to have TAL Reverb 2. Then I pressed delete. It sounded like a bad hardware rompler reverb I used to know. I prefer SafeReverb any day over it. And now VVV over that. But if it works for you, then all's right.?
bad hardware rompler reverb? pshh..whatever. yeah it works for me like a mofo...
this is all Tal Reverb2 and ChorusLX. yeah, it sounds like bad rompler FX. :roll:

This brings me back. :roll: I believe the last time I have been called a "sucka" was in elementary school. Suckas aside, that is a fine track. Easily better than an iteration of a demo I ruined with the same reverb plugin. (However I admit my own fault in that mishap: too much tamborine) Still, the high frequent washy sound of TAL's reverb doesn't appeal to me. But thank You for your suggestion nevertheless.

Arturia SEM V :)

layzer wrote:

That song sounds pretty good! The only suggestion I can make which might improve it would be to try using a better reverb. :P
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
layzer wrote:

That song sounds pretty good! The only suggestion I can make which might improve it would be to try using a better reverb. :P
+Some saturation can do miracles. Yeah, Imma be definetely getting VVV. Still not going to retire SafeReverb though. That's great sound out-of-the-package. Good for some washed out post-rock ambient.

Although i highly doubt that you can make a bad sounding reverb sound good, let's get into the argument that you can make any synth sound good a little. Having my doubts there too, especially conerning envelopes and filters, IMO, there's no fixing a bad filter and bad envelope behavior, or bad oscillator sound, but let's just pretend you could. I could easily as well argue then that you simply can fart into a microphone, record it, load it up in your favourite granular sampler, and make a sweet sounding symphony out of it. The question is simply then if that kind of workflow is your thing. My opinion on that is that i simply can't be arsed to do all kind of fixing and post production, so that my sounds sound good. Especially as there's stuff which sounds good out of the box to me. Why spend hours to fix stuff? Maybe you have to be old and experienced to think that way. :P I can well imagine that there have been severe limitations in the past, and it probably also has been beneficial to work around these limitations, or implement them into your work, but meh, it's 2015 now, and IMO, with all the digital stuff, and powerful computers, the sky should pretty much be the limit. Just my 2c, again.

chk071 wrote:Although i highly doubt that you can make a bad sounding reverb sound good, let's get into the argument that you can make any synth sound good a little. Having my doubts there too, especially conerning envelopes and filters, IMO, there's no fixing a bad filter and bad envelope behavior, or bad oscillator sound, but let's just pretend you could. I could easily as well argue then that you simply can fart into a microphone, record it, load it up in your favourite granular sampler, and make a sweet sounding symphony out of it. The question is simply then if that kind of workflow is your thing. My opinion on that is that i simply can't be arsed to do all kind of fixing and post production, so that my sounds sound good. Especially as there's stuff which sounds good out of the box to me. Why spend hours to fix stuff? Maybe you have to be old and experienced to think that way. :P I can well imagine that there have been severe limitations in the past, and it probably also has been beneficial to work around these limitations, or implement them into your work, but meh, it's 2015 now, and IMO, with all the digital stuff, and powerful computers, the sky should pretty much be the limit. Just my 2c, again.
Too bad the problem with presets will (likely) always persists. The fact that they're not made by Yourself. :roll: Bad presets might ruin a great synth for someone who doesn't care to look under the hood.

layzer wrote:

nop, it doesn't sound as good as VVV.

But what really sucks here is your attitude.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
layzer wrote:

nop, it doesn't sound as good as VVV.

But what really sucks here is your attitude.
no, what really sucks here is your intelligence. learn to spell NOPE, then come
tell me about what reverb sounds better.

btw, here's some more bad rompler effects music i just finished using TAL effects that you can listen to while you learn how to spell.
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-scream
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

SEM+VVV
Padamantium - 100 Pads for Repro-5 available now @ The Patchbay.
Also packs for TAL-UNO-LX, Oddity 2, TAL-Bassline101 https://thepatchbay.co.uk/creator/kimik/

Picked up VVV and I have to say, its my favorite out of the Valhalla reverbs... Easy to tune in a sweet spot without too many controls and has a very nice classic reverb sound.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Another vote for SEM & VVV. I don't know what Arturia did differently with SEM-V, but, to my ears, at least, it sounds noticeably more "analog" than their other plug-ins. The built-in effects kind of suck, though. I've been using Valhalla Vintage Verb almost exclusively lately. Really flexible with the different reverb engines, and it sounds great on damn near anything.
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

Return to “Instruments”