Let's talk about: Gear Acquisition Syndrome

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spent the whole month debating with myself over Komplete. On the final day i succumbed to the GAS, can't afford Ultimate sadly but next year I'll be prepared.

murnau wrote:I'm afraid my GAS slowly turned from soft to hardware. :cry:
:shock:
What caught your eyes? :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Just found this long running therapy session of GASoholics Anonymous... I'm in...:-)
I witnessed the Nice, France terrorist attack, told the story with a music video: https://youtu.be/eHhw4Bl9HOs

Happy I got Matrix 12V, that's a deep synth, getting into the voice page, possibilties seems endless

Last week, on the way to the airport, I stopped by Sam Ash.
They have a Motif-XF7 (76 key) on show.
Can't explain why, buy it looks sexy... :party:

Numanoid wrote:Happy I got Matrix 12V, that's a deep synth, getting into the voice page, possibilties seems endless
I demo'd the Matrix 12V when it first came out but it was kind of buggy so I passed on it. Now that the intro offer is over, I can't see getting the V collection (since I have everything else but the new stuff) with nothing being updated. Maybe when they finally increase the GUI sizes of the CS 80, Prophet, Jupiter and 2600, I'll take the plunge. But these days, it takes an awful lot for me to want to buy something.

I think my GAS is well under control.

Gibson SGJ arrives tomorrow, the Ormsby TX Eaton is now irrevocably ordered and I bought a 2nd Line6 DT 50 2x12 combo on Sunday. My stereo rig is now officially insane.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I'm pretty content synth wise. I know exactly what i want and why, which is great.

I think i can say i finally found a setup that makes the sounds i want.
:borg:

I'm probably going to spoil myself for my birthday and finally get that Strymon Big Sky.

Otherwise, I'm relatively content with my setup - especially after my new computer arrives...

Spent some dosh on a new Apple computer, got LogicX and the new Alchemy....then had to get another effect pedal Devi Ever Bit Commander.... :shock:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

No GAS for soft synths or plugins in general.
No GAS for DAWs or hosts.

but there is,
GAS for a subwoofer (mostly PreSonus Temblor T8)
GAS for analog synth (mostly Waldorf Pulse 2)

About the only things I really want to pick up at this point are a Dynaudio subwoofer to go with my BM5A's and a few improvements to my recording front end, like maybe that Warm Audio 1176 "clone." Okay, maybe when I start on the next album after I wrap the current one up, I'll want to try another piano library or two and some different sampled drum kits (Steven Slate will probably have a new expansion by then). There just isn't much that I'm really lusting to own right now.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

trimph1 wrote:
murnau wrote:I'm afraid my GAS slowly turned from soft to hardware. :cry:
:shock:
What caught your eyes? :help:
I bought a Virus TI and also an Acuna 88 Keyboard. I bought a Roland Integral and i am about to buy a Roland JP8080. I bought a FocusriteSaffire the big one. Also i bought a new wide HD Screen instead of the two i used before. A new massive Table also. I consider buying a phatty thismonth too.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

i 've bought a PS4 that helped a lot slowing down my GAS

murnau wrote: I bought a Virus TI and also an Acuna 88 Keyboard. I bought a Roland Integral and i am about to buy a Roland JP8080. I bought a FocusriteSaffire the big one. Also i bought a new wide HD Screen instead of the two i used before. A new massive Table also. I consider buying a phatty thismonth too.
That's a very nice setup :tu: The Acuna looks very nice and with nice keys (I like Fatar).

I have never looked or read about Virus synths. Are they wavetables also? Can they do NI Massive and Waldorf Q/Blofeld sounds? Or they are just like Sylenth1? (I'm too lazy to check :hihi: )
If the Virus can do such atmospheric sounds, then you are set with hardware ;)

Never mind, I got my answer!
Last edited by EnGee on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”