"Should I buy Reaktor?"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I paid around $350 for it 13 years ago and never regretted paying that much.

You want to get into modular synthesis? Well I applaud you. In my opinion modular synthesis is the biggest waste of time if you create music.

Yeah you should buy Reaktor.

You want to get into modular synthesis? Well I applaud you. In my opinion modular synthesis is the biggest waste of time if you create music.

I can be a waste of time if you fail to obtain what you're searching for , but if you're able to make your own dream synth it's the only the beginning of huge time gain.
Last edited by hivkorn on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinh wrote:In my opinion modular synthesis is the biggest waste of time if you create music.
even if it was, you can experience the incredible joys of reaktor without having to patch a single module :roll:

It's a fantastic toolbox that I still go to every once in a while. I'm never disappointed!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Kinh wrote:In my opinion modular synthesis is the biggest waste of time if you create music.
even if it was, you can experience the incredible joys of reaktor without having to patch a single module :roll:
+1 to this. The user library will keep you busy for as long as you like. Then consider some premium ensembles by the likes of Twisted Tools, Peter Dines@Reaktor Tips, Boscomac, etc.

There's no way I could have afforded to buy Reaktor when it was £300; £99 was much more palatable.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I bought it as an employee if an educational institution back in 2005, so my "entry fee" was less than full price. I've been utterly pleased with it ever since. It has been continually improved in free updates and the things you can do with it are vast.

I have never tried to build a synth beyond the first tutorial because that kind of thinking isn't something I can do. But it doesn't matter. The available ensembles are vast and many are excellent. I wish someone would design a modular building environment that didn't require much programmer/math type mental processing, but until then, I'm happy using the stuff other people build.

I've used Reaktor many times in my projects. It's been totally worth it to me.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:I bought it as an employee if an educational institution back in 2005, so my "entry fee" was less than full price. I've been utterly pleased with it ever since. It has been continually improved in free updates and the things you can do with it are vast.

I have never tried to build a synth beyond the first tutorial because that kind of thinking isn't something I can do. But it doesn't matter. The available ensembles are vast and many are excellent. I wish someone would design a modular building environment that didn't require much programmer/math type mental processing, but until then, I'm happy using the stuff other people build.

I've used Reaktor many times in my projects. It's been totally worth it to me.
Try the MUX
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I love reaktor, it feels like a mad scientists lab to me. I really think you get a lot of bang for your buck when you buy it and like many have said, you can easily make an entire track just using reaktors factory instruments and effects.

Building stuff in reaktor might not be the easiet, but it's certainly not hard once you can wrap your head around modular synthesis basics. You can snap together factory modules that are pre-built or if you so wish design your own using DSP components from scratch.

Alternatively there is also the user library which give you access to tons of content that ranges from bizarre to useful to "why is this here?". It's fun to go through and find the goodies buried there.

I bought my copy second hand on the market place, so i got a considerable bargain. Is it worth it's asking price? I would say yes as it really opens you up to a whole new world of sound design. However if money is tight i would buy it discounted if possible and then maybe spend some money on other things.

It has a workflow to it that you may or may not like , but i think its a pretty decent tool for beginners who want a lot of value for their money. Once you learn what it can do for you, i think you'll find it hard to part with.

This is just all my opinion.
:borg:

Yes, but Reaktor is way overpriced just by itself, so why not just get Komplete instead? I bought Komplete way back at 7, and out of the 24 things I got, I use maybe....4 or 5...of them regularly. But all the savings I got, in comparison to getting things piece by piece, was amazing.

The normal asking price isn't too high, you'd have to be really serious about using it though. I'd describe Reaktor more a simplified audio programming language than just another synth and/or effect.

NO!
Don't buy Reaktor.
You have more than enough synths already.
You'll spend all your time in the user library now, and Blocks later.
You'll neglect your friends, family, pets and plants and regret it when you die.
:pray:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”