Wow! Ample Guitar M v2

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been looking for a tab based virtual guitar for several infuriating years! I couldn't accept the fact there just wasn't a product out there that did this seemingly obvious function. A piano roll or keyboard CANNOT replicate guitar because of the simple fact a guitar has six separate strings where you can play the same note twice in different places etc. You wouldn't believe the amount of grief I've had trying to find this.

Finally a product has come along, and seems to do this incredibly well. I'm very new but first impressions are REALLY good. First off I think accessibility to this software through the lite version and trials is fantastic. I don't want to purchase a product only to find it doesn't do what I want, and you're usually forced to try and find a torrent. That's just not the way forward. The next thing I was really impressed with was the user guides and documentation, which is extensive and put together brilliantly. I haven't looked on the forums too much but it seems like there is good support here and through other means also. There are also a couple of Youtube videos that do a good job of demonstrating the product. I love the fact you can import Guitar Pro tabs and the extensive articulations appear to work well.

The only thing I think that's seriously lacking with this software so far is a choice of sounds. Orange Tree Samples seem to nail this. It's a bit unfortunate.

Now I have come across what I assume could be a serious problem, if I want to play two notes at the same time but only one as a harmonic, AGM2 can't seem to handle this and plays both as a harmonic. What gives? Can anyone else confirm whether this happens to everyone? I also got an error when importing a GP5 file and had to use GP4 instead. Reading comments on this page from youtube it seems people have had the same problem for at least a year and it seems pretty bad that this hasn't been patched or sorted with an update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzuhhy0o28Q
Another somewhat minor thing I noted is that the tab tempo has to be done in the options, changing on the tab itself doesn't do anything.

To conclude, I'm running a trial and already sold on this product after using it for a couple of hours. Damn good job! Any feedback on the first issue about the double note / single harmonic would be really appreciated as this is a big hurdle for my progression in making music.

Thank You Ample!

You can use midi to play a normal note and a harmonic note at the same time. You just need to put one note a few ticks before another. Or you can create another track for this.

If you have problem loading a tab, please convert it to .gpx and try again.

Hi Jie Chen, Thank You for your response.

I am specifically using the tab mode of AGM to compose music, by setting up an audio track on Cubase, then hitting play on the tab mode and recording to the audio track. I have come up with a relatively simple work around for the inability to play a standard note and harmonic at the same time. I separate out the harmonic to a separate track, record the first one, then it's a pretty simple process to do the same with the second and align it with the first before recording them together.

The only thing is this is a bit messy and takes a little while. Just wondering if this problem likely to be fixed in a future update?

More importantly, I've just come across a significant problem. The Options button isn't available when using AGM2 in a DAW (I'm using Win7 64bit). This means I cannot change the tempo. Am I missing something here? Has it moved or if this is an issue, when is it likely to be fixed?

Cheers

Peter

The tempo of tab is in sync with host. You can adjust the tempo directly in host. We will consider to support playing harmonic and sustain at the same time though the occasion is very rare .

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:The tempo of tab is in sync with host. You can adjust the tempo directly in host.
Thanks for your response Jie Chen.

Using a GP4 file I changed the tempo and clicked the sync button in AGM2 which certainly registered the change, as I can see the tempo listed in the top right of the tab page. Unfortunately when playing back, the tempo is unaffected however. I used a drastic change - 100 to 200, which was conclusive! In the stand alone version it's possible to get around this by using the options button and changing the tempo there, but this button is not available while using AGM2 inside Cubase.

I am using Cubase 5.1.0 and Windows 7 64 bit.

You need to turn SYNC off on Tab panel.

Ah, Thank You so much! You have one very happy customer.

I'm sure I'll be back at some point with another problem where I think it's a bug, but actually turns out to be my inexperience.

Return to “Ample Sound”