lolwut ?? ... EDM movie starring Zac Efron

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't need such friends...

FarleyCZ wrote:Most hilarious thing about the movie is in fact, that in long term, Hollywood isn't capable of getting any technical thing right.
Yeh, its almost as if they think exaggerated spectacle and drama offers the expected audience of a banal cookie-cutter rags-to-riches more entertainment than trainspotter-level nerdism over irrelevant minutiae would. Little do they know the audience will, of course, primarily be budding DJs looking for hard technical information, rather than their hoped-for throngs of teenage girlies.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

FarleyCZ wrote:Most hilarious thing about the movie is in fact, that in long term, Hollywood isn't capable of getting any technical thing right.

Anyone seen "Machete Kills"? There's a scene where he's launching a spaceship ... the launch controls are a Novation Launchpad. Maybe it's a musician's "in joke" ... :lol:

e@rs wrote:I don't need such friends...
They need you :ud:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Yeh, its almost as if they think exaggerated spectacle and drama offers the expected audience of a banal cookie-cutter rags-to-riches more entertainment than trainspotter-level nerdism over irrelevant minutiae would. Little do they know the audience will, of course, primarily be budding DJs looking for hard technical information, rather than their hoped-for throngs of teenage girlies.
oh 'throngs' i misread and got a little excited :oops:

The writer/director of this film also directed the 2009 film "Let's Harvest the Organs of Death Row Inmates."
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

DJ Culture is now officially dead. R.I.P.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Anyone seen "Machete Kills"? There's a scene where he's launching a spaceship ... the launch controls are a Novation Launchpad. Maybe it's a musician's "in joke" ... :lol:
I remember that. Probably a joke, but also just Robert Rodriguez trying to reduce the cost of the movie. It's like a religion for him.

Absolutely terrible movie btw, worst he ever done. :(

lotus2035 wrote:DJ Culture is now officially dead. R.I.P.
thank f**k for that, then. took long enough.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

thecontrolcentre wrote:Anyone seen "Machete Kills"? There's a scene where he's launching a spaceship ... the launch controls are a Novation Launchpad. Maybe it's a musician's "in joke" ... :lol:
I remember some BBC play from decades ago about a time traveller, his ships control panel was just the keyboard from a Sinclair ZX81... :D

This looks pretty awful but maybe part of a long tradition, maybe to the DJ scene what Reality Bites or Singles were to the 'grunge' scene? (maybe I'm doing those films a disservice, longtime since I've seen either).

Michael L wrote:The writer/director of this film also directed the 2009 film "Let's Harvest the Organs of Death Row Inmates."
So this is the sequel I guess.

I bet Soundcloud can look forward to a big influx of tracks that start at 125 bpm and end at 128.

Saw that coming
:borg:

Is this what's referred to as a drop then? :lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

gaf_thit wrote:They have probably planned the tour already. Zac Efron on stage, hands raised, jumping up and down as DJs plays back some premade mixes and it will be a HUGE success. Thousands rushing to the 'concerts' to see Zac Efron live.........
Yep...
Tour under way
http://www.youredm.com/2015/08/06/we-ar ... oundtrack/
Last edited by gaf_thit on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”