Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Uncle E wrote:Does this mean Beta 2 is now available?
Will be very very soon and will include 24-bit WAV SFZ export ;) Announcement will be here (thread subject will change to Beta 2 + date) and the usual channels (KVR news, social networks and our website).

Woo Hoo!

George wrote:
Uncle E wrote:Does this mean Beta 2 is now available?
Will be very very soon and will include 24-bit WAV SFZ export ;) Announcement will be here (thread subject will change to Beta 2 + date) and the usual channels (KVR news, social networks and our website).
:clap: :tu: :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Beta 2 is here! :)
  • Added Samples and SFZ export with 24-bit resolution.
  • Added an options to play slices until the end of the sample or only at the next slice boundary.
  • Added an option to unload automatically the plugin after sampling.
  • Added an option to freeze plugin appending samples to current program to create multi layered sound easily.
  • Added keyboard focus indication to wave view.
  • Added crossfade loop range slider.
  • Added sustain pedal midi support (sample will sustain indefinitely until pedal is switched to off, which will then trigger release stage).
  • Added GUI size allowed to go as low as 60%.
  • Added macro editor min and max sliders now display real parameter values.
  • Improved interpolators (normal and high for real time / extreme for offline).
  • Improved voice generation speedup.
  • Improved support for plugin hosting.
  • Improved modulation destination amount display of unipolar/bipolar values.
  • Changed macros controls moved to envelope section.
  • Changed downsampling filter passband to allow more frequencies near nyquist while still decrease aliasing.
  • Changed beta release expiration dialog appears when 7 days are left instead of 30.
  • Fixed bug LFO2 amount behaving incorrectly in some cases.
  • Fixed SF2 import for files with more than a single program.
  • Fixed SFZ import.
  • Fixed oversampling messing up plugin hosting.
  • Fixed the use of slices and loop modes at the same time.
Download at http://www.discodsp.com/bliss or http://www.discodsp.com/members for registered customers.

Official announcement tomorrow, you guys are knowing first here!

Hi George,

Good to see b2 ! Alas, still no instantiation in Bitwig. :(

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote:Hi George,

Good to see b2 ! Alas, still no instantiation in Bitwig. :(

Best,

dp
Hi, still working on it. Please send any reports to bliss@discodsp.com

OK... time to purchase Bliss! Thanks for adding the stop at next slice marker function- works great. The slicing on this thing is probably the best I've come across. I think my sampler quest has finally ended as it relates to that elusive sound I've been seeking in software samplers. It's like it has an MPC like sound character or you can make it sound as high end or LoFi as you want. I haven't tested plug-in sampling or sf import, so no feedback on that yet.

Hopefully in a future update- sample audition in the audio or zone import browser- will be added so you can hear what you're importing. The CPU in beta 2, is very low in maschine2. I also noticed that turning off the reverb makes the CPU hit so low, that maschine's CPU meter shows nothing after that! :)

Question: Can you audition or scrub highlighted sections of a sample?

pc2000 wrote:OK... time to purchase Bliss! Thanks for adding the stop at next slice marker function- works great. The slicing on this thing is probably the best I've come across.
Happy to know! :)
Hopefully in a future update- sample audition in the audio or zone import browser- will be added so you can hear what you're importing.
Yes, sample audition is considered.
Question: Can you audition or scrub highlighted sections of a sample?
Not yet. Cheers!

There was a little quirk with OS X Demo asking for the license file. It's fixed now, please download again.

pc2000 wrote:Question: Can you audition or scrub highlighted sections of a sample?
There is a workaround to scrub highlighted sections of a sample. Create a cue, that should act as sample offset. You can then click cue number and drag the mouse to scrub playback. Assigning a Macro to 003 - Offset Start will make you able to automate it.

Hi
Nice sounding sampler!

A little bug for you:

When "zone->replace sample"
It changes the keyrange. Fom drum mode to entire keyboard

simonhans73 wrote:Hi
Nice sounding sampler!

A little bug for you:

When "zone->replace sample"
It changes the keyrange. Fom drum mode to entire keyboard
Noted! Will be fixed in Beta 3.

More usable now than Beta 1 ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

So what about sharing some sampled VST instruments? I'll post them at Bliss Library http://bliss.discodsp.net site ;)

I have released back in 2014 a sample library call FB-01 (FM Synth) for Kontakt.
I can give you some multi instruments ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”