Shinyguitar - free archtop guitar out now

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shinyguitar

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nice! :tu:
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Excuuuuuse meeeeeeeeeee.

Where to put the 'shinyguitar' folder putty please?

You should be able to put it anywhere you want. Take the Shinyguitar.bank.xml file in the main folder, drag it into Sforzando, and it should register the bank. Once that's done, it will show up in the Sforzando loading menu.

Cool. Thanks. :)

Thank you!

At first sight your shiny samples have a very good quality -
a good sound. Amazing! :love:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

So, now that it's been out for a few days and got a bunch of downloads, let me ask a question... how useful are the acoustic samples, either alone or for blending with the electric signal?

Just wondering if this kind of thing is worth doing again in the future, if sampling a solidbody instrument using a piezo instead of a mic (which would probably also be easier to time-align). I like them, but I don't know if for everybody else it's just making the download twice as big when you're pretty much always gonna use the electric samples anyway.

DSmolken wrote: How useful are the acoustic samples, either alone or for blending with the electric signal?
I use them alone.

Usually I "enhance" the sound of the electric guitar with a saturator and/or an amp-simulation. The results are quite good.

The real advantage is in trying different sample-sets. Imagine you have a pretty good midi-guitar riff. You can check how the riff sounds with different sample-sets. If one of these sample-sets reveals "the magic" than that "is it". I can't say - but probably - the shinyguitar will give that magic touch for some riffs.
DSmolken wrote:
Just wondering if this kind of thing is worth doing again in the future, if sampling a solidbody instrument using a piezo instead of a mic (which would probably also be easier to time-align). I like them, but I don't know if for everybody else it's just making the download twice as big when you're pretty much always gonna use the electric samples anyway.
I would recommend not to use the piezo pick-up. The piezos sound copped and harsh. You can turn the sound of a micropone to become copped and harsh (if you like this sound). But you can't make a piezo signal sound warm and full.

So please: Keep recording the samples with your (good) microphone! :)

Thanks. That gives me a better idea of how people who download these samples might want to use them.

When recording solidbody electric instruments (basically regular electric guitars and bass guitars) I'll probably just record the electric sound, then. Acoustically they're too quiet and thin to record with a microphone, and a piezo would sound pretty useless alone. It could be used to add a little bite to the electric signal, but that's probably not worth the extra trouble. Any acoustic instruments will get recorded with a mic, of course.

But with hollowbody electrics, like this guitar, I'll do both. It'd be awesome to sample a Gretsch White Falcon bass someday...

Just for fun, took this picture of a few instances of Shinyguitar and the guitar I sampled, and added a caption.

If you buy an instrument,
and record samples of it,
you can then sell it.
Mmmmh, not a good slogan!

You can sell everything, business is dominating everything
and nearly everywhere. So why do you take the same line?

Better would be:

If you have a fantastic instrument,
and you record samples of it,
you can share this unique instrument
with many creative people on this planet.

:tu:

Haha, the caption is misinformation, I made that for a joke Facebook page.

I've sold a couple of the instruments I've sampled, but for reasons that had nothing to do with having samples available. One of my singers really wanted to buy Emilyguitar because it looks so cute, and I sold the Ergo bass because I didn't want to do so many out of town gigs anymore, so I didn't need it for portability.

I'm having a problem.

I purchased Plogue Chipspeech today but I can't use it.

Error:

Bank load error on Shinyguitar.bank
Cannot find instrument file at ...
Please reinstall the product.

How can I get rid of this message? I'm on Windoze 7. Thanks ...

So Chipspeech now works, but Shinyguitar doesn't? Or does neither one of them work now? I do know that registering another XML in my case didn't break Shinyguitar, but it wasn't Chipspeech. Let's see if we can figure this out.

Have you tried to reinstall it by dragging the Shinyguitar.bank.xml file onto Sforzando again?

Hello.

Most probably the XML for Shiny Guitar has been since moved. Prior versions of ARIA did not ask for the registry entry pointing to a bank be changed (has to be from an admin account, hence the UAC popup).

I've sent a yet to be released copy of chipspeech (which supports Daisy and ALter/Ego ) to Aloysius
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”