One Synth Challenge #79: Lokomotiv (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the 79th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

OSC Community Resources to get you started:
* Have patches? Post them and we'll put the link here!
75 awesome mind altering patches by the Most Honorable Richard Semper
Taron's unbelievable patches (see belowlink) in Lokomotiv format - by Soundgoddess
3 insane kick patches by Taron in FXP format
How to make a kick in Lokomotiv - instructions (see both posts) by Taron

A massive beast of a synth. Simple, but powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdbZoRKnngw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2IX1YIrt-o

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Tritik : 1 tkDelay Plugin

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster (Soon to be released!)

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: FM8 soundbank "Niteshade"
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I would like to add a little prediction:
This is going to be one of the most beautiful collections of OSC tracks.
8)
Last edited by Taron on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taron wrote:YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
Calm down Taron, you'll have an aneurysm. LOL.

Yes, great synth. Not sure I want to enter anymore of these though. I'm just burnt out musically as it is and these OSCs just suck the life out of me.

Depends on how well I do on #78.

Ah, please, forget the last one right away, don't even look at the results, wag, honestly. Forget all of it and just roll around in this beautiful little beast. It will be extra-challenging to mess this one up, haha, even the presets have some absolute pearls in them and it's super easy to make outstanding sounds with it that sound crystal clear and gorgeous across the whole key range.

What I already loved after 10 minutes with it was that it immediately shows you can get a ton of vastly different sounds and effects out of it and it offers a number of loopholes for stuff that seems unlikely to work, but it does. It's pretty freaking clever and it just sounds awesome.

Could that thing be improved? Yes, yes, oh yes it could, just adding a few things like entering ranges for the lfo amount and proper legato, which doesn't seem to work right from where I stand and the funny little stupidity of the bend range amount (should show amount-1). Already dreaming of the usual modulation complexities applied to this beauty...uh...mamma...yah! But even as it is now, it'll bring plenty of joy to all of us. It's just fun to freaking play it!

Let me be a little euphoric. After today's insane stress finish for the 3 day bash on #78 with nothing but problems the whole way through and 1001 hang-ups and crackles and screw-ups left and right... this is going to be H E A V E N !!! :hug:

Oh, I should add that there's also a little something with sustained polyphonic notes...not sure, if they somehow didn't check for the quietest voice to be cut off, if maximum polyphony is reached, but it acts a little funky there. Nothing I'm not totally ready to deal with, though. 8)
Last edited by Taron on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taron wrote:Ah, please, forget the last one right away, don't even look at the results, wag, honestly. Forget all of it and just roll around in this beautiful little beast. It will be extra-challenging to mess this one up, haha, even the presets have some absolute pearls in them and it's super easy to make outstanding sounds with it that sound crystal clear and gorgeous across the whole key range.

What I already loved after 10 minutes with it was that it immediately shows you can get a ton of vastly different sounds and effects out of it and it offers a number of loopholes for stuff that seems unlikely to work, but it does. It's pretty freaking clever and it just sounds awesome.

Could that thing be improved? Yes, yes, oh yes it could, just adding a few things like entering ranges for the lfo amount and proper legato, which doesn't seem to work right from where I stand and the funny little stupidity of the bend range amount (should show amount-1). Already dreaming of the usual modulation complexities applied to this beauty...uh...mamma...yah! But even as it is now, it'll bring plenty of joy to all of us. It's just fun to freaking play it!

Let me be a little euphoric. After today's insane stress finish for the 3 day bash on #78 with nothing but problems the whole way through and 1001 hang-ups and crackles and screw-ups left and right... this is going to be H E A V E N !!! :hug:
You gotta your enthusiasm if nothing else.

Yeah, I was just playing around with it a little bit and came up with a really catchy tune. In fact, it might be the first piece of real inspiration I've had in a long time. If nothing else, I've gotta get this one out of my system or I'll bust.

So yeah, I'll see you at the finish line.

I'm messing with this thing and I'm already loving the sound of it so far~
I hope to top last month's since that was not my best to be honest. Since then, I've been trying to get much better at mastering. I also got the ReaPlugs. but we'll see what this month has to offer. :D
It's very tasty, I swear!

*cough cough*
For those that may have, um, perhaps downloaded (and forgotten about) the original KVRDC14 entry.. it behooves you to grab the latest version, 1.00 definitely ain't gonna cut it ;)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Yeah! :D

Damn, am I seriously loving this synth~

...though sometimes, when I load an instance or reload the song, certain or all instances will not play any sound... does anyone else get that problem?

To anyone who's wondering (like me) why the LFO does not work: you have to set the mod wheel ("M. Wheel") to something different than "LFO", e.g. "Off", or push it right up. I had to learn this the hard (but fun) way. :)
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

zerofox97 wrote:does anyone else get that problem?
No problems like that here,its solid,what daw are you using?
BlitBit wrote: I had to learn this the hard (but fun) way. :)
Yeah i was stumped by that for a while too.

what daw are you using?
I'm using FL Studio 12.1. but I haven't had that problem since pointing it out... yet.

Nothing.. :D
Last edited by aluode on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

This will be my first time out but I'm already having fun just playing around. I've watched before but one huge stumbling block, percussion, is addressed the presets so I at least have a starting point.

Sounds pretty good from the demo, I may start playing around with some song ideas for this tonight :)
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “Instruments”